I joined the forum because I want to learn how to go fast. I am still in college and do not have the money to pay someone to work on my motor and to be honest I actually kind of like working on it. Well here is what I have. I want to make my duck boat faster. The place I hunt is limited to 25 hp outboards. Because we have to cross logs, bounce off trees, and run in through stuff everyone runs a welded metal boat. I have a 2013 edge boat. The boat is 15 foot long and 50 inch wide (it actually narrows down a few inches towards the back). The boat weights 320lbs. The motor I am running is a 1987 30hp Yamaha 3 cylinder 2 stroke. I have CMC PT-35 T/T. I am running a 13p PowerTech SS SRA3 prop. With just me this boat runs at 37mph. I would like to make it go faster. I have some ideas of a few mods I can do that will help me out but I was wanting some feed back from people who know what they are talking about. So far my motor is totally stock pull start only motor. Here are the first three mods that I thought might help me. 1. either buy a aftermarket high performance head or have my shaved to boost engine compression. 2. boyesen reeds. 3. take the flywheel somewhere and have it lighten. If I do those three things. how much speed/ power will I gain? Will I have to change the type fuel I run? Who makes a good high compression head? And lastly What mods do you know, that do not cost a fortune, that I could do to gain speed? I would like to gain 6mph+. I don't have a tach, so I have no clue what my rmps are. Thanks in advance.