Thread: Wayne Baldwin's Amazing Story: Baldy's Eual Eldred Baldwin

Threaded View

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a photo from the Southern Championships and written on the back is "Wayne Baldwin T-73 'B' Hydro World Competition Record 66.790 mph. July 19, 1968"

It was written a long time ago, and I don't remember if it was from the qualifying heat, or one of the finals. I always thought it was the heat I broke the record, but without any final's roster, or notes I can't be sure. I do know that this is the boat/motor combination and was the race that it happened. And I can remember Baldy was beaming. He was so proud and happy that he could bust. It didn't matter that I didn't win. I had not even made the finals the previous year. It didn't matter that this was the Southern Championships. All the same guys that ran here in the NOA Nationals were present. What mattered to Baldy was that we had won our qualifying heat in B Hydro, and that I had won one heat of the finals beating Bob Hering, and set a new B Hydro record. Our CB Racing Team did not win any championships, but we did very well overall, leaving Jack and Baldy very happy and satisfied with the weekend racing results.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information