We had everything loaded and ready to go by the end of the week, and we left on a Saturday or Sunday. It would take us several days to get there and we planned to leave at different times by two different routes.

Jack Chance was hauling his stuff up to Forest Lake, but Baldy thought his pickup was too old to be going that far, so he gave him the white Chrysler 440 New Yorker that Mark had blown the engine in during the summer. Everything was fixed up, and as we had been hauling boats all over with it, the car had the trailer hitch and wiring, so it was just a matter of getting it up to Jack's house to hook it to his trailer. Clayton and Doris Elmer were going to ride with Jack.

We had the full crew going, so Velma Mynier Followed Baldy to Jack's with the girls in her Cadillac. With Velma were Susan Turcotte, Jean Marie "Jeanie" Huff, Mary Jean "Sanford" Sanford. My sister Jan rode with Baldy. They left ahead of the rest of us to get to Jack's house and get everything there ready. Riding with me in Baldy's Suburban were my brother Mark, Bud Turcotte and Bob Burnham. We were headed north back up IH 35 just like Brenda, Bud and I had done a few weeks earlier. No cell phones or anyway to communicate, so Baldy had worked out a plan before we all left, to meet at a designated time on IH 35 South of Dallas. I cannot remember exactly where, but it was anywhere from the North side of Waco to Hillsboro where 35 splits left to Fort Worth or right to Dallas. That was the plan.