Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
My Mark 30-H would turn 7,200 RPM's on a good day. My Mark 55-H would also turn 7,200 on a good day. We were at Modesto Reservoir in Waterford, California for the APBA Stock Nationals. Weather was dry and borderline 90 plus. My first run in my C Runabout was 60 MPH but over the old record. My dad said, "For the second run put your D Hydro wheel on." I did and I broke the C Runabout UIM record at 64.661. It may still be a record. I then, took the same prop off my "C" (30-H) and put it on my D Runabout (55-H). I broke the D Runabout record (I think the speed was 70.456). Both flat bottoms, both 7,200 RPM motors, one a 30 cubic inch, one a 40 cubic inch....One with an A-B-C Quickie, one with a "D" Quickie...One at 425 pounds, one at 550 pounds. The same prop would go 76 MPH on my brother Sid Craft Sid Hydro. The motor only turned 7,200 RPM's....In 1966, I ran this same prop on my Quincy "A" Looper for a Kilo Record of 71 MPH....The Looper was probably turning 8,000 but with has 16:21 gears...How fast will a prop go?????? Check the GPS!!
that was a good prop, I bet u still have it to. The gps don't lie, it may even hurt your feelings too. lol