Now that the racing was over, Baldy was selling all the old motors and getting ready for the new Konigs. They usually came with something a little bit different. Mostly exhaust systems, and sometimes ignition. But most important was that the rotary valves and housings were more reliable to keep from a valve from sucking in and stopping on the intake port or belts riding one way or another without a lot of testing to true them up. The occentric to adjust the belts was made good about this time.

Baldy was getting ready for the next year, and talking with Scott Smith about what was coming up. Scott was very good at keeping Baldy informed. Baldy was also a very good customer of Overseas Dealers at that time.

Having just gotten in to the retail Outboard boat and motor sails and motorcycles, Baldy and Joe Hendricks were learning a new business. I was only just a bystander hearing what they talked about. Baldy and Joe talked about a "floor plan". That was the terminology I think might come from car dealers. Basically, it was about figuring out how much in inventory of boats, motors, and motorcycles they would need over a given period of time. It might be over three months if there was a huge turnover, but I suspect it was six months or more. In that "Floor Plan" Baldy and Joe would borrow money from the local bank to purchase the boats, outboards and motorcyles they wanted in inventory, and to display in the dealership. So when someone came in and saw what they liked, they could buy it or arrange payment right then. The idea was that the bank would fork up the money, or guarantee payment to the manufacturer in order to land the boats, motors etc on the floor for customers to see.

Every sale was processed and during the month, the boats, outboard motors and motorcycles that were sold were paid for with whatever interest the banks held on the inventory, and the manufacturers were always ready for the next shipment. I never saw exactly what the "Floor Plan" looked like on paper, but it was changing continually as equipment came in, was inventoried, paid for by the bank, set on the showroom floor or in back, sold, paid for by the customer, Emmord's pay the bank for the merchandise, plus floor plan costs, and so on....all around again.