[QUOTE=Bill Van Steenwyk;146948]
Quote Originally Posted by Mallards Only View Post
Sorry for the delay. So, it appears that the TT was on the wrong setting as my idle RPM's were running about 2050. Problem now is I'm not sure what setting is the correct one. The TT has settings for SP ARK PER REVOLUTION. If it's a 3-cylinder motor, do I need to have it on 3P1r or 3 sparks per revolution? Or is it based on 2-stroke and therefore 2P1r? If someone knows what the idle RPM's should be, that would help me as well.[/Q

Mallard:

A two stroke motor fires ONCE each RPM (revolution per minute) for each cylinder. Three cylinders, one firing impulse each revolution per cylinder = 3 firing impulses per revolution for this motor.

Hope this helps. When you get it (the TT) adjusted correctly you should read 5000-6000 RPM at WOT depending on prop pitch.
Thanks. Exactly the information I needed. At that setting on the TT, RPM's are 650-700 at idle. Sound about right? Haven't taken it out and run it WOT yet but what's interesting is that WOT on the hose in neutral is only giving me 3500-4000 rpm's. Do these motors have a "governor" that won't allow you to take it to WOT unless in gear?