Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
Amen Jackie.

I don't like to get off target in a thread, particularly on a hot subject such as this. But this is one of the most interesting threads of all, and has wandered far and wide from its origins, so considering the latest news, it's appropriate. I don't think it would be a good idea to keep this current discussion up, so I want to lighten it up a bit and ask you about this mad dogs comment before we get back into boat racing. Kind of change the subject a little bit.

When I was in college in Central South Texas, I went to as many concerts as possible. My friends and I went to see Arlo Guthrie, Grateful Dead, Dave Mason, Black Sabbath, Jethro Tull, etc. One time in 1970 we drove down to San Antonio to see the Mad Dogs and Englishman Tour. We had no idea who it was or knew any of the performers. Turned out it was Joe Cocker, Leon Russell, Rita Coolidge, the fuzzy headed guy with a lisp that announced at Woodstock, etc. It was one of the best concerts we ever saw, but did not know anyone in the group. A documentary was made, which I saw in a theater a couple of years later, and many in the group became famous. Now my question is....what is it about Mad Dogs and Englishmen that caused them to name that tour? I have heard that phrase since then, but I'm unclear as to the underlying meaning.
When Joe Cocker was a kid he lived 10 mins away from my house the first time i saw him sing was at the Penny Farthing nightclub he went by the name of Vance Arnold i always thought he would do good.