OK Skoontz, you got me on the brother, and there keeps coming up other weird angles.

My Galaxy I/O has been stuck in the lake for a month while the water continues to drop. My warranty work on getting a wiring harness replaced so the starter wouldn't catch on fire backfired. When I went to turn of the motor, it wouldn't stop. The kill switch didn't work, I disconnected all the wires to the ignition switch & finally had to pull the coil wire out of the distributor to kill it. It took a couple of weeks to figure out which wires went to where on the ignition switch because what was there didn't match the diagram or what the shop foreman told me. When I finally got it right, it wouldn't start. The brand new starter just spins, or does nothing. So now I've got to load the boat without power. Problem is the concrete launch ramp ends about 25' from the water and I have to back the trailer into a creek bed deep enough to load it and then be able to pull that heavy mother out of the water with only a single axle trailer.

So I go into Mathis to get a tow rope. I planned to hook it from my 4X4 to my son's 4X4 which will be on the concrete ramp and have solid footing to pull it out if the trailer wheels break through.

I'm not at the parts store but a few minutes when we get on the subject of high performance boats. One of the guys, Chuck, says he used to have a picklefork that he could outrun larger boats with. I asked him if it was wood and he said "Yes, red white and blue. The Eradicator!" I told him "That's my old boat". We had sold it to Neil Bauknight I think. Anyway, we used to see it run down the back straight at Barbon years ago, but I never knew who owned it. It's been quite a few years now since I've seen it. Chuck told me who he sold it to and where it is now located. It has been hanging in a warehouse near the entrance of Lake Corpus Christi State Park. He said I could look through a window and see it. Which I plan to do.

Then he tells me there is a guy in Sandia who just found one of his old racing motors. Dumb me. I'm thinking of either an old racer from the 50's or Tommy Wetherbee who used to live about 3 miles south of Sandia. He said he read about it on HotBoat. Chuck says "He calls himself Master Oil Racing." So this time I tell him "That's me!" He comes over and shakes my hand and we get a big laugh. Even though my address is Sandia and it is only a couple of miles from my house across the lake, it is probably 15 miles to get there from here.