Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Well i'll be..........

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well i'll be..........

I went to my 1st race yesterday in years, the CBF Stock Outboard Nationals in Rideau Ferry Ontario. Not alot of boats, in fact alot less than I expected considering the venue and the title.

BUT!!, I met up with a pile of guys I have't seen in years, some 20+ years. Dave Dalton, Doug Overbury, Tom Utmann and his son Spencer, the imfamous bh/..Brian Hendrick, Dave Scott, and many more.

Dave told me there was a guy there on Saturday who had one of my old boats for sale, and sure enough, it was my old B Marchetti I bought off Doug Thompson. I didn't get to see the boat, cause' he didn't show again on the Sunday, but I got a copy of the flyer he was passing around. It sure looks exactly the same way it did the day she left my home in 1984. I had removed some of the hardware to save for the Pugh I had on order at the time.

The Vintage Division was there as well, with 2 GP's, a 5 litre, a couple of 280's, some E Service stuff, and a PILE of Jersey skiffs. There was a good showing of old outboard stuff as well, including a factory Konig M, an A and B from the mid 60's and a 1972 VC that I ran against when it belonged to Glenn Coates. Dave Dalton brought all the alky stuff including his Rawsoncraft Butts copy. bh/ had some neat stuff as well, including his Jones cabover hull. The real treat for me was seeing a Mark 75h stacker on a DeSilva hydro that is owned by Bud Clark.

Although no alkys ran there, there sure was some interesting odors in the air when the D mods and the FEHs were on the water. I tell you, seeing and hearing the FE's really got my left hand twitching!! That looks like that would be the class for me!

Here is a copy of the flyer that has my old Marchetti, I had hurt my back earlier that year and had a friend, Paul Guerin drive the boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information