for years I have been playing with the idea of a cheap to run fast fun Lake toy....the one off kind in my area...........
this has brought me to looking at SS 45 up to the 120 boats it seems like they can be bought reasonable??? I looked at some I/O stuff but think I want to stay true to my routes.....I now own a 1100SS ( I 6) motor and a 2 liter 150 , a 800 (I 4) and a 2.4 200 (spare for the Skater) but would scrap the thought of using any if I needed something smaller (safer)

I guess the questions I have are:

what is a good set up for a lake boat and what can I expect for speeds.

I would like a lower I can shift since I'll be using it to dock a things like that

I don't want high maintance?

what Kind of chop will they take

Sorry for all the questions but I don't need something in the yard I cann't use and the thought of driving one in my area is nothing short of a joke

I already have a 24 Skater with twins but it's alot of BS work to drag to the lake for those after work rides and since it's a very clean boat I have to baby it around everything to keep it looking that way ( I rarely even pull it up on the beach)

so I'm looking for something with a lid on it that I can run safely ( I understand the risk of the lid or capsule) also would like to pull it up to the beach and not worry......the reason I want a capsule boat may sound Dumb but I start my boating season way before most, like as soon as the ice leaves the lake, and run until it starts to form again, I've also been known to be out boating when it rains......ouch if you goto fast.... so I figure I can always remove it on the hot days ( or am I nuts to think it could be this easy)

Oh did I mention the Oh my god thats Kool factor!!!!!!!
or that It will be cheap to run compared too???

Thanx for the help
Jeff