Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2 b or not 2 b

Threaded View

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 b or not 2 b

hi all,

i want to report my sucess in obtaining a b looper. i found 2. the first one everyone has bee following with jeff lytle as the point person. and what an outstanding job he did!!!!! the way it was packed it could survive anything!!!! we had fun with that one. the engine number is fb166. i've written paul and he will post who originally owned it. he has told me but i'd like him to post it. the engine came pretty much intact less a lower unit. will decide whether to get a quickie or put a konig on it. i'll be doing an internal inspection soon. #1 cyl doesn't seem to have very much compression. i've included some pictures with this post. fb166 is the one on the tower. has a funky way to hold the timing though, bailing wire pretty high tech.

the othe b looper came in 3 boxes and nothing was attached to anything. many of you may have seen it in another post. it's the one sam cullis used for his labeling project. showing what all those holes were. the engine number is fb218. once again i would like paul to post who originally owned this one too. i've included pictures of this one too. some one, not quincy, experimented with adding water passages but they go no where. we think the project was never completed. one interesting thing about the block, if you look ad the one picture, is the finger port in the cyl. this was a groove milled in the cyl. gene or paul... give us the lowdown on the purpose of the finger port please.

hope you enjoy the pictures and i'll be posting more.

frank
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Thread Information