Quote Originally Posted by racecar001 View Post
ok well 50mph is not realistic.... my setup as is 25 merc 14p stock prop 5500rpms 25mph or so...I also have a ron hill cleaver 17p and it is slower with more rpms.... it should go faster then that right? the engine is mounted on the transom and the prop shaft is about 2" below the bottom of the boat, also I have tried a whale tail it helps on take off but hurts top speed by 3mph or so. any advise would help a
If your stock prop does 25 or so and a more pitch prop does more Rs and less speed then its probably not hooking up fully. Is the cleaver a race prop or a hi perf. sport type? You need to know if its a surface prop or not to know if its too deep or shallow. In alot of cases when your not dealing with overwhelming HP the lesser pitch will accelerate better and be faster. I think from experience with your average 25s that 35 mph maybe more is possible, try different setups, note results. I like to make 1 change at a time so you dont guess as much if something works, or not. Good luck.