I stand corrected.

In an earlier post I said Jerry Peterson once held the record for the fastest time ever recorded at Alex with a 6 deflector.

As Bill stated later following a phone call with Jerry the motor was a 6 looper.
Sorry for the error. All of us who are of that vintage are in the 60-70 year old range. Some of our old racing buddies are well past that age. An occasional "senior moment" is bound to creep in from time to time.

Thanks for correcting mine!

Our sport of alky burning outboards from the 50's through the 70's was far more popular than it is today. Major races often required finishing first or second in qualifying heats to enter the finals.

Unfortunately, with the exception of Wayne Baldwin and Tim Chance, there isn't a lot of written history of our sport. Thanks to both you guys for sharing your information through forums like BRF. Without it we would have to rely totally on the memories of "old farts" like Bill and me.

I did receive an email last night from Jerry Peterson. He told me that he has been following BRF for about 2 years now and enjoys doing so. Jerry did say he doesn't type as fast as he drove a boat so he's been reluctant to post here.

Jerry, thanks for your email, but please join us on this forum. There's no starting gun and no checkerred flag. Just type at your own speed and nobody knows the difference.