Hi All!

I have read a little of the "2 stroke tuners handbook" posted on the forum. Some of it is a little heavy going...for me a least (not being a mechanic or anything). I understand some of the basics but appreciate that this stuff is delving into the 'nitty gritty' of getting more from a 2 stroke.

Now the tuners handbook seems to be referring more to single cylinder motor bikes (???) from what I can gather. It was also written qute a while ago.

Can any one tell me what differences (if any) may apply to a 2 or even 3 cylider 2 stroke outboard in the modern age?
I'm guessing it goes without saying that any porting done should be identical in all three cylinders?
Also, the tuners handbook refers quite alot to the 'exhaust' ports and shapes of / dimensions of etc. but I didn't read too much on the transfer ports. Perhaps I missed it as I only skimmed over it.
Are the exhaust ports the only ports that get touched or must there be some modification to transfer ports as well?

Sorry in advance if these are dumb questions! Like I said I'm no mechanic but am trying to expand my knowledge or understanding at least.

No need for expansion chamber stuff as not allowed to run them.

Thanks Haych