Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kurcz View Post
It stands to reason that you prime a KA or KC to inlet valve shut-off, then remove the top and float, that you should be pretty close.
Thanks, that was plan A anyway ... was just hoping someone already knew. My guess would be that the level you see when you remove the top will be slightly lower than it was when the float was pushing the arms and needle up. Maybe I will measure the distance between the mating surface and the follower lever and push the float down to that level and use that fuel height as the over flow.

A return/overflow with a remote electric pump should let me pre-cool the fuel in the tank and have enough volume to keep the gas in the lines and bowls cool without a lot of bulky insulation. I have been concerned that with a regular Merc pump and lines to the carbs you would loose most of your cooling before the gas was used. It might even be possible to stuff the bowls and at the same time insulate the bowl and reduce the volume in the bowl that is not being used and potentially warming up.