Quote Originally Posted by terrytav
I just informed SCSC that the comp jets could not field enough boats to race at Ming. I have not heard about puddingstone .but ross did verify that parker will be on April 16 & 17 th. I would like some contact info for the new racers. Please e-mail me at Terrytav@verizon.net.
Comp Jet, is it dead ? It seems that the class can't make it to any races. They flaked on Havasu Landing. They decided that Brawley was too tight of a course to run at. Now at Ming, they say they don't have enough running boats to make a class, I heard a rumor that it only takes 4 boats to make a class. This is very hard to comprehend and it is starting to sound like a local club racing deal not a National Class. What about the guys in NC or St. Pete that might want to come out ? Being it on the sanction I am sure there might be a few boats that want to run for points. My feeling on this is just because your big bad engine is not ready, put your lower HP back-up motor in. No shame in showing up and racing. I also heard it said that it is a better idea to show up with a full field of boats than show-up with just only 4 boats to field the class. Well guys IMO it is better to show with something than nothing at all. Kind of like making it to the Super Bowl and not showing because you know you will get your *** kicked. How many other classes have only the minimum amount of boats to make a legal race ? This is racing anything can happen. IMO, the Compitition Jet Class is dying once again !

Ming APBA Approved Sanction;
http://www.apba-racing.com/internal/...p?EditID=10672