Quote Originally Posted by swra311 View Post
i have tried several different pitched props (all aluminum). i agree a better prop would help, but probably not enough. currently, the boat cavitates very easily so i think if i raised the motor this problem would only get worse. as for performance upgrades i have not been able to find much info for the tohatsu. i am sure this is a standard fishing / run of the mill motor. At wot rpms are at 5100 to 5400
Sometimes theres a wire to snip that eliminates a limiter but Im not familiar with it. The aluminum props are part of the problem, A surfacing prop is what that needs but even then it would cavitate unless you got a drag race prop. By the time you spent that $$$ a trade out for more hp would be better. Either way to meet potential you'll need to test prop[s] & set up. Aluminum's performance prohibitive because the thickness the blades need to be to be strong enough is a problem. Stainless at about 5X stronger, can be thinner so is all kinds of improved for the same prop for that alone. Good Luck