Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What do I have and am I getting myself in trouble?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do I have and am I getting myself in trouble?

I am a long time boater but, don't have experience with small tunnels. I bought what looks to me like a late 70's or early 80's 12'8" open cockpit version of an SST45 but, I am obviously not sure. It has no hull ID numbers...it had 2 trim pumps in it when I got it and had a Yamaha wiring harness and Yamaha tach w/ separate water pressure gauge. I have put a 1971 Evinrude 60 3cyl longshaft on the back and a foot throttle (this has a push button forward-neutral-reverse) and I will need a low water pickup nosecone. I have fabricated a steering bar and the boat had all of the steering pulleys & drum taken before I bought it. WHAT IS THIS??? AM I REALLY BLOWING IT BY PUTTING A 207 POUND 3 CYL ON THE BACK??? FYI, I am a 300 pounder and I figured that having lots of weight up front would make the heavier motor on back not such a big deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AttorneyMcBride; 03-15-2011 at 01:44 AM. Reason: picture/attachment doesn't show up

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 207lbs on the transon wouldn't bother my normal boat!

2002 Warlock 32 Euro step-V: twin 496mag Mercs, 650hours, labbed 28 Bravo1 props, best gps was 82mph w/ 20hours on motors and hadn't added stereo equipment...no anchor...no weight. Got a great deal on having Carter Read build me a boat...I am forever indebted to him and wish his company the best when the economy comes back.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ron Hill...I am confused

Mr. Hill,
    I really don't know what this is. I saw posts from you of a boat that looks virtually identical to mine (looks a little shorter maybe) that you ID as a Art Carlson Bobcat but, while Bobcats are 11 feet, mine is 12'8" if I am measuring it correctly. I thought it was a Mirage Tomcat but, I haven't seen any clear photos that show the shape of the nose of a Tomcat to compare it to mine. You appear to be the only guy who knows everything...ID my boat please

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a couple of pictures of a Tomcat that was for sale a few years ago. I never saw the actual boat, just saved the pics. The bow of this boat looks different from yours.

Tunnelboat and V-bottom Plans for 15-35 hp, 40-60 hp, 60-80 hp

Dillon-Racing.com also on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter

Thread Information