Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wayne Baldwin, Remember This one?

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember if it had one or two tunnels. I think...only one about 6 inches wide. I talked to my Dad yesterday and he's trying to find some photos. I also told him about this website!! His computer is down at the moment so getting more info will be difficult. All of my photos are in stroage back in the States. It was a really fast boat!!!!

Composite Specialties

I would really like to see any photos of the experimental and the three stepped sponson Butts boats. I really believe that Tim Butts was so far ahead of his time in boat designs and it still interest me today on the things that he designed and why.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MJR
    Wayne, was Butts the first to use the pickle fork and also was he the first to use steps on the sponson pads?
    I remember that "Bowson" boats (Bunky Bowerman & Teddy Thompson) developed a picklefork in the real early 70's for someone. I don't recall who it was for, but I do remember Bunky saying it was a semi-copy of another design.
    I also remember thinking that it was the coolest looking Hydro I've EVER seen!

Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you remember this Wayne???

Back to the original picture in this thread, here is a picture of Marshall's 8 cylinder, as well as a picture of Baldy and Marshall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Baldwin/Grant Butts hydro

Here is a picture of that forgotten hydro after Marshall Grant had repainted it.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Honcho

Here is another shot of that boat Marshall ran his 8 cyl Konig on. I had forgotten I had even named it. I took some shots of it when Tim came down from Michigan to test one of his new boats. It was Jan 76. He was working on some new stuff and we were getting ready to go to Phoenix. I'll put some stuff up about Tim on one of the Tim Butts threads.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

James,
    I belive I have the boat you are talking about up here in Virginia. I brought it from your father in 1988. The boat and motor are in the same condition today as the day I picked it up from your father. I will try to get some photos to you.
    Bennett

Thread Information