Here are more updates from our Inboard counterparts...still no word yet on the other folks.

I'll keep everyone updated on any developments of donations going directly to the racers. There is a message on the APBA website regarding one of our own who is running a shelter at a church and gives the address for sending donations - he will be posting some specific items needed at the www.goboatracing.net Inboard site shortly.

Here is a message on the Yahoo Inboard group today, from Mike Weber:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve,

Please forward this to the Inboard group:

I received the e-mail below from Roy Wilson..... great news that the Wilsons
are safe and sound in Picayune, MS!

Hey Mike,

We are still here things are torn to hell, no power and no water in
places still, I just got power here at the shop. Mom and Dad's house had major damage it will probably be months before they have power in their area. I was lucky I am across the street from city hall so that is why I got power. I guess this will put racing on the back burner again for a will because not only don't I have the extra money now but most if not all of my customers are gone at least for along time, and my paper supply houses are under water in N.O. Might have to go and look for work somewhere else. Well gotta run need to go do some more clean up. Tell everyone hello.

Roy

I also got a call from John Bolero yesterday and, though he feared the
worst, it appears the damage at his house was minimal. Mike and Billy may have gone home yesterday (?), but will be there soon. Mark Boos and his family are fine. Mark and Billy's shop had the front and rear doors blown off but not much other damage. I have not heard of looting being a problem for any of these folks. Thankfully, the Morgan City, Lafayette and Baton Rouge folks are fine. I heard someone had asked about Thad Miller. He and Michelle are fine.

It even appears that we might have some Louisiana 5 Litre representation in
Nashville this weekend. We are crossing our fingers that they can make
it.... maybe step #1 in the rebuilding process!

The news is not so good for many. Roy Wilson (Sr.) and his wife had
extensive damage to their home. Ronnie LaHost and Joe Hartdegen's family losteverything. Billy Allen still has not heard from his sister, 2 neices and
uncle.

Louie Andrews probably suffered extensive damage or total loss.

Now that other folks are returning home, I think the reality of all of this
will start really sinking in. Damage to homes and possessions will be felt.
John Bolero said he is not sure how he will ever get rid of the smell coming
from his refrigerator. Things like that used to seem trivial will now
become reality.

I guess this is where we all come in. I know Patti Hayes has been heading
some fund raising. Others are collecting clothes. I will see what I can do
in Nashville. My suggestion is that we funnel this money thru Billy Allen and
the New Orleans Power Boat Association. Billy can handle helping members,
neighbors or other folks in need wherever he can. NOPBA has made Christmas
for hundreds of underpriveleged children over the years so maybe we can all
help return some of that kindness! Please contact me if you need to know how to get donations to Billy.

And please be generous wherever, or however, you choose to donate! Keep our friends like Joey Nolan and Ralph Baker in your prayers as they put
themselves in harms way trying to help the people of Louisiana and Mississippi.

Mike Weber
---------------------------------------------------------------