Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2012 Depue Reunion

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you Wayne & John

Wayne,

Thanks for jumping in with the auction items. Not sure I want to auction the Z prototype at the Reunion. If I do, there will be a minimum on the motor. A couple collectors have offered me cash, but I've turned them down for purely sentimental reasons. It's the only motor I've received to date. Hopefully the promise of more will come through, if not HEY at least I have one

John, the electronic registration and payment doesn't seem to be working well for most. My registration, along with Rebel's was mailed and the check. My reservations are also made. In my opinion, the old fashion way sometimes works just as well as the age of "tech"... even if it is slower. I think many folks are just plain busy, and many are still racing and others are just doing the best they can and hoping they will make it to the reunion.

It's great to have the shirts, hats, hog and beer ---- but for me it's everyone getting together at Nationals, and sharing stories, cold beer, tea, soda, snow cones sleeping in the pits and caring not if I eat baloney and cheese sandwiches, or purchase from DePue venders. Everyone I talk to is coming, and just slow to send stuff in due to family, work, finances and care giving reasons.

I'm coming unless health prevents, which I don't anticipate.
    "Sis"

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reunion registration

It does seem that if you are not using Outlook as your e-mail operating system, the hyperlink process will not work. There are two ways to do it otherwise. Download the form, fill it out & send to the address on the form. You can still paypal the proceeds or send a check.

The other way is to down load the form, fill it out, scan it & e-mail it to the e-mail address on the form that is the address that starts with brucenshirley. You then can paypal the fee or send a check to the address on the form.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not put that motor up Karen. That would be asking too much. Your direct ties to such a historical piece make it a one of a kind item. It's the same as me not offering my Marshall Grant D. Some day, some collector will own it after I'm gone (I hope), but for now I like to look at it. I hope we get more items coming in, but I would never expect anyone to put up a keepsake.

I'll find that link again John and download the form, and send it to Shirley.

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Depue Reunion Hotel

Just a reminder that those who are attending the reunion, we have a block of rooms reserved at a discounted rate at the LaQuinta , Peru, Il. At the same exit we used to take to go to the Holiday Inn that was race headquarters in those days. It's boarded up now. The LaQuinta is near the exit south of I 80. Mention "Boat Racers Reunion" when making your reservation.

Please, if you haven't registered, please do so as soon as you can.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    I would not put that motor up Karen. That would be asking too much. Your direct ties to such a historical piece make it a one of a kind item. It's the same as me not offering my Marshall Grant D. Some day, some collector will own it after I'm gone (I hope), but for now I like to look at it. I hope we get more items coming in, but I would never expect anyone to put up a keepsake.

I'll find that link again John and download the form, and send it to Shirley.
    I agree with Wayne. Do not offer it as a auction. Things like this don't come available too often. It is a great piece of our racing history. ...Bob N-96
    Bob Rusnak

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to add though, do bring it with you so we can see it.

Allen J. Lang

Sis, I have to agree with both Bob and Wayne. Bring it for show, but, make sure it also goes home with you. Memories tied with the engine can not be replaced. I sold all my race equipment when I left racing and still regret it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default DePue Reunion............

Things are not looking good for us to have the best party on the planet, with the best hydro and runabout drivers of our time. People need to get registered so John can tell how to deal with this. Don't want to have the plug pulled due to lack of interest as I know there are a whole lot of people that will enjoy talking to old friends and legends at a great race. Everyone get on your horse and lets push this through. We will ALL regret not being able to have this time together. John is not 100% yet but if we can do what we need to do here, I'm sure it will help get him back to his energetic self. Please contact me if you don't know how to go about getting on the list. From California to Maine, from Florida to Minnesota, we all have a connection. Let's get together and celebrate a sport that has given us so much, as we have given to support and promote.
    Charley Bradley

Thread Information