Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Velocity stacks

Hybrid View

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a fine piece of work and I appreciate how much hard work goes into it! I put fibreglass on my bottom but I have problems with I tracking and lifting! Let me know how the enamel holds up!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default paint

Quote Originally Posted by tyst67 View Post
    It is a fine piece of work and I appreciate how much hard work goes into it! I put fibreglass on my bottom but I have problems with I tracking and lifting! Let me know how the enamel holds up!
    I have used exterior house paint both in oil base as well as latex after priming on the few fishing boats I built over the years. I used exterior enamel once on a plywood boat bottom. They all do well if you take the boat out of the water after every use and store it in a dry place. It will chip or wear off just a bit as time goes by, but with a bit of sanding and a quick touch up, it will be good as new after it cures for a day or so. You have to be careful about dragging it on the trailer runners though during launch and retreival. As long as the runners are covered with a soft non abraisive material and/or has soft well functioning rollers, it will be fine for a long time. Overall, it is easy to maintain as renewing and inexpensive. Much easier to complete a build with for me.

Thread Information