The boat is a 6 degree V 340 lb aluminum 15 foot boat. Long story short the transom angle on this boat (angle measured where the hull meets transom) is less than industry average (more upright) and when my engine is set up 2 degrees positive trim (it really likes this setup) the leading front edge of the gearbox is 10 inches from the junction where the hull meets the transom. This is very little offset (compared to most everyone that has an aftermarket hydraulic tilt n trim) and prevents you from raising the cavitation plate any higher than the hull. I do not want a setback plate or tilt n trim or hydraulic lift as I like to keep this boat as gadget free as possible and also I dont want to add any more holes to the transom.

I have tried 4 props and yes all but one has come cup and the current prop just got back with "moderate cup" and it honestly didnt do much as far as reducing the cavitation issue. I have one inch between the blade tip and the bottom of the cavitation plate and would like to have width added to my prop. If I added 1 inch, this distance form balde tip to plate would be a half inch and I wanted someone to respond as to whether or not this would cause any problems. Thanks.