Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Towers anyone ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recovery time

Thanks for the offer Ron,we'll see where this goes.
    The latest in the SAGA consists mostly of "looking and thinking". I've emailed the outfit that made the clutch with a few questions and...... basically, have been blown off..... so I'm going ,probably,to massively infringe on their patent
    rights and do "my own thing". I have a 340 Polaris with "add-on"reed valves.I"m thinking this would be a better choice for the cutch unit. It's been sort of stuck once(not to the screeching halt stage) so I'll have to pull it down and give it a good "look see". Have to make a new "water guard" for the thing as the plastic original fell to pieces when I tried to clean it up.
    That's about it. I'll probably feel a little more "productive" after I get adjusted to this horribly uncomfortable mouth full of plastic...(ooowwwwwch)
    Should be obvious from my reply to smitty the welder (reply mixed in quote) that I not quite myself yet.
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by RonHill
    Will, I read your posts everyday. I enjoy every word, please continue the SAGA of the "TOWERS"....Anytime you want anything polished, send it, I'll polish it for free and reutrn if no charge for freight also...

Keep us all up to date....The clutch is the future of PRO Racing...trust me!!! (Becaues, shore starts will be easy..or idel starts will be easy...)...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you're hurtin'. At my age, I haven't "been myself" in years!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up the nuts

hi will,hope u get better soon ,me hate teeth and the parts that go with them!!!brave man havin them ole suckers out 10/10...... anyway i must congratulate u on such a fine thread , i have been following with great interest,well done on pics and info,i like your style,.....once again its the nuts.. get well soon....john

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Status Quo Aint here

Quote Originally Posted by will350
    Thanks for the offer Ron,we'll see where this goes.
    The latest in the SAGA consists mostly of "looking and thinking". I've emailed the outfit that made the clutch with a few questions and...... basically, have been blown off..... so I'm going ,probably,to massively infringe on their patent
    rights and do "my own thing". I have a 340 Polaris with "add-on"reed valves.I"m thinking this would be a better choice for the cutch unit. It's been sort of stuck once(not to the screeching halt stage) so I'll have to pull it down and give it a good "look see". Have to make a new "water guard" for the thing as the plastic original fell to pieces when I tried to clean it up.
    That's about it. I'll probably feel a little more "productive" after I get adjusted to this horribly uncomfortable mouth full of plastic...(ooowwwwwch)
    Should be obvious from my reply to smitty the welder (reply mixed in quote) that I not quite myself yet.
    Will
    Read everything, though i'm in kcmo, sure look forward to what happens in yer' 'hood

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rambling thoughts

In my "lucid" moments,I've been considering what other motors are available and suitable for what I do. I've put out"feelers" about Xenoah engines Just to see what might be available. So far I've located a couple. A 250cc L/C twin with 1 burnt piston(will probably need a complete going through) for $265 and an NOS 338cc L/C twin(no price on this as I got sort of "delete happy" and am trying to reconnect)
    250 and 340 cc HO motors are around but not new as most manufacturers
    have gone to "bigger is better" and while some still do make 340 stuff,it's mostly low output fan cooled. There are some really interesting new 4 stroke things,but being mounted horizontally with oiling systems designed for that,just makes them "really interesting. 660cc,intercooled-turbocharged,110HP........ Really interesting and would be really fun in an inboard but even if you could overcome the oiling issues for verticle use,weight would become a problem. 4 strokes are coming,it's just a matter of how long we're going to hang on to 2 strokes. For instance,in motocross circles,you're seeing more and more 4 strokes. Especially in 250 and open. Honda makes a 250 4 stoke that weighs the same as their 250 2 stroke with performance to match. 10 years ago you'ld have been laughed off the track with 4 stroke.... not quite as humorous today. If I ever become "wealthy" enough to do some of the things I'm thinking about...... The PRO catagory could be "veerrryyy interesting"
    Did some "adjusting" on my plastic chompers.Don't know what the "denturist" is going to think about that........ but they "feel" better and I can get them in and out with out having to be on"drugs" and now they're are "merely" uncomfortable instead of bloody painful. Monday I go back for "adjustment" and temp.(I think)lining. They're not too bad now.Should be better then.
    Toothless in Seattle....... Will

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up interesting thoughts Will

I think you are on the money when you say that four strokes are coming, it's just a mater of time ! Heck In supercross they changed the name of the classes this year. In the past they were a "CC" designation, 125cc/250cc.

Now they just call it "Supercross" (250cc 2stroke/450cc 4stroke) and "Supercross LIGHT'S" (125cc 2stroke/250cc 4stroke)

I think your correct about the oiling problem, I think a boat mounted oil tank/cooler and a belt or gear driven pump is what we will see, kind of like what the sprintcar guys do(very little or no oil pan). It's going to take someone with the $$$ and the pains of trile and error to sort it all out.

I was not aware that Xenoah had larger engines than what they offer to the R/C guys. Keep us informed on how that turns out.

Good luck with your project and your new teeth

Great thread Will
    Jeff 93-C

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going TO THE DENTIST MYSELF!!!!

Xenoah makes a great little 22 CC motor but?? Yes, KEEP US POSTED!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Xenoah-Zenoah

Did some surfing the other AM (somtimes I wake up in the "early" AM,like 2:15, and can't go back to sleep). "Just because",I Googled Xenoah.... It appears that Fuji manufactured the Xenoah sled motors for Rupp and Chapparel. When looked for "Zenoah",I came up with mostly R/C and Goped motors but then found Komatsu-Zenoah.Lawn and garden equip. and chainsaws....and ultralite engines. The G25 (a 22hp single) and the G50 (a 45hp opposed twin).
    Alot of companies made snowmobile motors way back. Chrysler (134cc single 10hp,2 piece rod),Husqvarna(147cc single,10hp),OMC,Harley Davidson,Mercury,Kiekhaefer AeroMarine.... and everyone had a little different idea. CCW had reed valve case induction,OMC used some of their O/B parts(reed blocks,flywheel and electronics). The book I have doesn't come close to covering everything but it does give me "some" idea of the diversity.
    Something else to chew on.......If I wanted to run 1100cch,I could legally run a 1.5(91ci) litre 4 stroke. In any of the PRO classes you're allowed to run 1.5 times the class limit as long as you conform ( 125 is 1 cyl. "C" service excluded) Showing up at DePue with a 20' 1100cch might be a little disconcerting for your competitors( a crane in the pits,for one thing....But then,you wouldn't be real worried about how rough it gets in turn 1.....)
    Oh the possibilities....... Will

Xenoah makes a great little 22 CC motor but?? Yes, KEEP US POSTED!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two Cyclinder Evinudes...

There are more than 100 RUNNIG 45 SS POWERHEADS in Region 11 and 12. There are another hundred in boxes under benches...They are two cyclinder loopers, 45 cubic inch, but A. They are cheap B. Not too heavy C. Could be restricted by carb size

What are you a looking for???? I'm sure that a YAMATO FOOT would hand the power of these motors, especially if you run them on light boats....like hydros....

If you required 207 blocks, you could put motors together for about $85 each....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I'll buy that!

There are more than 100 RUNNIG 45 SS POWERHEADS in Region 11 and 12. There are another hundred in boxes under benches...They are two cyclinder loopers, 45 cubic inch, but A. They are cheap B. Not too heavy C. Could be restricted by carb size

What are you a looking for???? I'm sure that a YAMATO FOOT would hand the power of these motors, especially if you run them on light boats....like hydros....

If you required 207 blocks, you could put motors together for about $85 each....
    I'm 64 and good at sitting down, more i hear better she says.

Thread Information