I had the honor of co-driving with Ted at one of the last Parker Enduros. We were driving one of his famous V-4 Johnrudes. Ted started the race but only lasted about 50 minutes when his engine failed. It was illegal to change powerheads in those days, but you could change as many parts as you wanted. Together,(with Ted doing most all of the work and me handing him bearings and tools) we rebuilt the entire powerhead on the tail gate of his old Ford pick-up. There was only about 40 minutes left in the race and the competition was not strong in our class. I think it was a 100 cu. in. class. If we got back in the race we could win the class and a few bucks to boot. Ted figured it was his boat and he should finish the race. I figured that I had paid half of the costs and it was my turn. Well, we got to arguing about it on the deck of Ted's Scotty (or was it a Molinari) and Ted slipped and fell in the water. I jumped in the seat and finished the race with Ted standing in the water yelling that I had better not "break it!" I remember seeing Ted pickup the pay check but I never saw my half. I think he spent it buying ice cream for the kids.