Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lake Wales Race Pictures 4/07/07

Hybrid View

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wales Race Pictures - round 5

Round 5 from Lake Wales

Here are some more pictures of the 125 hydro heats. As I said previously, there was some excellent racing in all 3 heats.

Also 2 of the racers from the Yamato 80 class, Diane and Dave. Diane got a 2nd in one of the Y80 heats.

Steve and Bill seemed to be having a good time today. We caught up with Steve later and got a close up of his beautiful runabout, F109.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Please note: These pictures are for your enjoyment & are not to be copied to other web sites without written authorization.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wales Race Pictures - round 6

Lake Wales - round 6

We took a stroll through the dry pit area and took some up close pictures of various race boats. Some of the graphics are quite original.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Please note: These pictures are for your enjoyment & are not to be copied to other web sites without written authorization.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wales Race Pictures - round 7

Round 7 of pictures from Lake Wales today.

Here's the rest of the pictures we took in the dry pit area. As I said previously, there is a wide variety of graphics on the race boats.

Pete Nydahl and his wife (NCM Racing) have one of the largest trucks I think I've ever seen for hauling race boats. I'd hate to try to parallel park that rig.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wales Race Pictures - round 8

Lake Wales - round 8

Peter Nydahl's daughter is following in her dad's racing footsteps.

More photos from 125 & 500 cc hydro races. The last picture is of the 1st and 2nd place winners from the last heat of 500 cc hydro.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wales Race Pictures - Lakeland Preview

I'm calling this one "Preview of Coming Attractions." As they say in the cartoons -- that's all folks (from today).

thanks,
    Paul A. Christner

Post Thanks / Like

Default cool!!

thanks for the pictures Paul! The beach/launch areas look much nicer than the ones in Inverness. Wish I could be there!! Oh ya, BTW, the class you are refering to as Y80 is actually called OSY400..............they use 102/202/302 Yamatos. How did the 24-R boat do in OSY400 and the R-12 capsule boat do??
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Schumaker 350

The last pic in round six, M86, MadDog, was a NEW 350PRO Schumaker. Almost identical to his
    '80s record breaking 500 boat. Lowell was also in the pits. Great location for a race. First time we have been there since the '80s at least. Super support from the town. No pics, but RC Hawie doing well in his new Krier/Konig VC. 1st in the first heat, close 3rd in the 3rd. Bill Giles, in his new protype OSY 'WORLDS' boat took two 2nds [for 1st OA] with some smart driving.
    Joey Pinner very fast in OSY

88V RiverRacer
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "Great Pics Paul"

That was another wonderful job Paul.You make me want to pack up and move,,,thanks again my friend,,,Dan Crabtree

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Original Looper 1 View Post
    Round 5 from Lake Wales

Here are some more pictures of the 125 hydro heats. As I said previously, there was some excellent racing in all 3 heats.

Also 2 of the racers from the Yamato 80 class, Diane and Dave. Diane got a 2nd in one of the Y80 heats.

Steve and Bill seemed to be having a good time today. We caught up with Steve later and got a close up of his beautiful runabout, F109.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

That would be Dave Sr.....it's easy to tell us apart, he's the one with the medals and Diane won the first heat

I think Lake Wales OSY results were Giles, Murray and Augustine

The other Dave

Thread Information