Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: George Nordling!

Post Thanks / Like

Default George Nordling!

I need information on George... From Vapor Trials 1985.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nordling Marine

I used to work at a boat dealership right down the road from Nordling Marine in Milwaukie, Oregon (1992). He was an OMC dealer for a long time, then sold the business and retired. I never did ask him what happened to him, to cause the damage to his leg and forever to walk with a cain. It must have been boat racing related? I seen George last year at the Yelm race.
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Default NOSTALGIA Flat Bottom...

Darren... I know George broke his leg when he flipped his Lavey flat bottom racing NOSTALGIA.....as I reworked his prop after the accident...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonHill View Post
    Darren... I know George broke his leg when he flipped his Lavey flat bottom racing NOSTALGIA.....as I reworked his prop after the accident...
    if that was the cause of his disability now, it had to be a bad flip (is there such thing as a good flip??)!!
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Team MSR
    Post Thanks / Like

Default George....

I met him years ago at one of the East Hartford Marine Classic's. Ran Alky's and Inboards. The baddest SK boat in the East at the time belonged to Bill Logozzo, SK 529. He hired George to come out and drive for him. Drove his butt off. Won or broke. (kind of think he won 3 out of 4 heats that weekend) I may be wrong, but the way I rember it was he got shot up real bad in Viet Nam and was in a hospital in Washington State near a lake. Watched the races from his bed and decide to go racing. I was VERY impressed with his driving.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kilos - Lincoln City, Oregon October 2003

George took a kilo run at D-Lake in 2003. I think he ran for region record only. Note that the boat was for sale.
    Mike Johnson

World Headquarters

Portland, Oregon USA

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cameraboy View Post
    George took a kilo run at D-Lake in 2003. I think he ran for region record only. Note that the boat was for sale.
    This is my old boat, I sold it to Dave, George's partner, they cleaned up in the Northwest Nostalgia class a couple of years with it. Note EVERYTHING Dave owns is For Sale!
    George has now has an Orange LaveyCraft. It at Joey Cucci's for repair.
    Ron what do you need to know about George?
    George came back from Vetnam with his leg problems.He started Boat racing in the late 60's He had an outboard that he drag raced in Portland on the river. I remember as a kid George climbing out of that boat with his crutches. And the story goes from there....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nothing....but Everything...

Bezer....and others...Some people dream of climbing mountians....I have always dream of a Boat Racing Encyclopedia...I run into people, all the time, maybe because I sell props, but they frequently seems so intering. Not just their racing but their lives.

I had heard the name George Nordling for years....I knew his was a APBA Hall of Champions driver. We talked props on the phone. I did some prop work for him. We met, face to face, at Paul Pfaff's one day. I saw his boat at Joey's...

He just seems like one hell of a nice guy....My Boat Racing Encyclopedia, doesn't have to have all NICE GUYS....But I like to read about stuff I love...and I love boat racing... Anything anyone can add about George will be cool...

Thanks for posting the pictures...

Im' going to Joey Cucci's in Lake Havasu City, next Friday...Maybe, I'll shot a picture or two of George's boat...Joey has one hell of a nice shop and does GREAT WORK......Joey's a little slow on work right now...Need any work do by JOey??? This might be the time to get it to him!!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

George was nation high point champ in SS in a boat called Steal Your Taxes, This boat burned to the waterline at Haystack res. in central Oregon in the mid 70's He went on to drive the Odd Couple/Sweet Caroline in Pro Comp. He holds the 1 2/3's world record in that boat.
    Then went on to drive K-boat, and was the National champ in 1987 in the Rolling Thunder.
    He retired from boat racing a year or two later, and ran a Wiston West stock car for about 10 years.
    He came back to boat racing in 1999, and ran with the Northwest Nosatlgia guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Default George Nordling March 2008

Working on some props for George...An "E" Boat in his future????

Thread Information