Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Comp Jet Points...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Comp Jet Points...

Let's see...Comp Jet got two days of points at Havasu Landing. So, at this time they are in a tie for Hall of Champions points with GN's, right???

Interesting!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure about the points. It seems like the jet boats finished in the same order each day. Did the GN boats finish in the same order each day? If not, the jet boats would be out front. If the jet boats show at Puddingstone will they get National Points? How about the GN's--I heard that the GN's had declared Puddingstone to be a non-points race, regardless of the number of entries!

bill boyes

Rod, read APBA 2009 rule book Inboard Endurance pg 90 rule 12 para 4.
    To receive national points must have 4 bona fide starters( must legally start the race) A Catergory cannot just change the rules AD-HOC.

Post Thanks / Like

Default GN Points...

The GN class got two days of points at Blue Water, Thanksgiving weekend. The Comp Jets were not a legal class under APBA at that time, so they go no points. At Havasu Landing, the Comp Jets raced both days, and the GN's were a NO SHOW, so my point about points was that the Comp Jets and GNs are now tied for APBA Hall of Champion points.....

Just read the Inboard Endurance Hall of Champions Criteria..

Seems it says: "The IERC will determine the nominee for the Hall of Champions from drivers placing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the APBA High Point standings at the end of the racing year...."

So, the COMMISSION will make the choice from 6 drivers....(Three Comp Jets and three GNs....Who is on the Inboard Endurance Commission? I was told I was on the commission for 2008, but never got any official notice....
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 03-06-2009 at 06:48 PM.

bill boyes

Rod, The Catergories set the criteria for the Hall Of Champions. The Endurance Catergory criteria is really apart from the other Catergories. Just read the Rule book.

Thread Information