Just got the call from Andy Dement. Don passed away at 3pm. Huge loss in the world today.

Rest in Peace Professor.

Tony (Scarlata)

When Chad was 12, someone told me Don Ermshar was a good attorney. I made an appointment to see this guy and drove an hour to Riversde to meet him...We talked boat race for two hours and I went home with a prop. Don was usually very fair with his fees. I donated several props for his wife's auctions.

Chad at 12 made mold for Don's drag boat and that winter, I talked Don into running capsules in his boats...He used Ron Bracksma mostly on his props....We still use that prop mold today, 20 years later. A few years back Don got wind that I was helping Tony Scarlata. And we actually had angry words. I tried to tellI was only doing Tony's K props.... I haven't seen Don for three years.....

I still loved him like a brother though....over the years we spent as many hours talking boats as we ever did legal stuff... His office always had blowers, pistons...gaskets laying around...looked like a race shop, not a law office.I always figured we were one call away of being friends again.

He did some great legal work for me. I'll bet he wasn't angry with me when he took that last ride....

RIP Don!