Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rules For Comp Jet Class per APBA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skoontz View Post
    Hopefully they interperet this rule from where the profits are sent as well as where the engines are made.....If a product is made here and all it's profits head to te land of the rising sun it hardly qualifies as American, sure Americans might have assembled it like slave labor....

I've read the rules and qualifications for the motor. The toy would not work at all, doesn't matter were it's built and where the money goes. The rules say "push rod", the toy is over head cam. Unless you can find a cheap NasCar motor it wouldn't work. And the hemi would be out because it's not made hear, that's mesican horse power.

Looking at the past few years and having the desire to win or place in the top 5, one would have to run an outboard.

e-PerformanceMarine.com ePerformanceMarine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading this thread a bit more I made a few calls. As I see it the nascar Toyota engine is 100% legal. Hell today most GM engine are not, being they are made in Mexico and Canada. I did talk with one of the members of the tech comittee. He is in full agreement with me just bring it out and race it. Now at this time it will not be legal for records, but it is a start. Give me a call if you have any questions, anytime.

Good Luck
    Jim
    928-770-4394
    Jim & Amanda Rich
    CJ 72 & 53c

JR Performance Motorsports

Jet Drive Service & Repair

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rules

I posted this on the other CJ thread about the impending death of CJ.....

Looks like the CJ class has shot it's self in the foot with their new rules. Requiring full stringers and stringer mounted seats has eliminated most, if not all, of the possible new additions to the class. This class was resurrected using basic "river toys", and now those very boats have been pushed out with rule changes. In the interest of SAFETY, ?? What?... Were there any issues involving 1/4 stringer boats? Any floor mounted seats create any problems? Seems this class is dead already, murdered by "certain" wannabe racers throwing a tizzy fit about the boats being raced at races they chose not to attend.....I say repeal the "stringer" rule and let the river toys back in. Sure, check the floor for rot, but a floor mounted seat should not prevent a boat from competition.....I'm sure the IE reps feel pretty silly after fighting so hard to get the class back into APBA national competition.....To CJ racers, if you don't want to race, fine, but don't crap on the the rest that do....Repeal the stringer rule, NOW......Even if it means filling the class with inferior performing river toys..Any class at all is better than no one showing up......Ray

Thread Information