Made two runs to the river today, First run I had the new Tohatsu tach hooked up and now realize this I'm checking the rpms with the motor raised just one bolt hole and my rpm's were about 5300. Second run I then went back home raised the motor to the third hole and was able to then get a solid 5400 rpm's maybe a spec more, Cooling was fine I kept looking back to make sure and it was good. Did notice two little cool rooster tails shooting upwards off the cavitation plate.

I really didn't notice any drop in speed going up to the third hole although didn't have my gps with me. I did notice looking back though there wasn't as much as a wake like before when I was only up on the second hole. Didn't hear any sounds like the prop was cavitating or anything.

I think I can go up to maybe the last hole but will really have to watch and see if it ends up sucking air and loosing water pressure, thought about putting a piece of tape at the top to holes even though there not open just to make sure it doesn't suck any kinda air.

I realize now a Jack plate is probably better at this stage I could probably run a little higher then on the last bolt hold and still be having good cooling and hopefully more speed

What you guys think? try a jack plate now? or go up to the last hole?

The motor needs to run at 5850 is what the manufacture says I was told it may even run a little higher that around 6100 is probably when the rev limiter will kick in.

prop used is 11x14.1 almost like i need to go down in the number which don't want to I want to go faster.