Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jackie Wilson..

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Sutter View Post
    Jackie, Why didn't the Cosworth type project take off?? I think it could have worked. Someone builds a sterndrive and hooks it up to automotive racing engine that has about + hp 400 HPwith lots of torque and turns 10,000 RPM. It seems to me that this would open the door to the automotive monies that are being spend in lots of circuits world wide. Yes... I've seen the one recently on the Youtube.
    This way, maybe if could be a real formula program and even incorporate a lease program from the engine manufactuers.Even sealed engines.
    Lee:

I presume this is what you are referring to.......?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4buTn...layer_embedded

Looks like a great concept........... and lends itself to a sealed Formula program.
    OBSOLETE AND PROUD OF IT

Post Thanks / Like

Jackie and Rotary John at OFF 2010, conspiring to reveal the secrets behind the legendary 2 liter Rotary, V-10, Turbine OMC that only Renato Molinari was allowed to test drive. This engine would have put OMC at the top of racing. Unfortunately, not only couldn't it finish a race....no one was ever able to get it started....!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    OBSOLETE AND PROUD OF IT

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Jackie and Rotary John at OFF 2010, conspiring to reveal the secrets behind the legendary 2 liter Rotary, V-10, Turbine OMC that only Renato Molinari was allowed to test drive. This engine would have put OMC at the top of racing. Unfortunately, not only couldn't it finish a race....no one was ever able to get it started....!!!!
    Sam---------i'm the only one allowed to go Rotary bashing------------I have a very broad back !!!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great picture guys!!!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, good photo. T2x, It sounds like you were involved with the rotary engine development/racing. Tell us more please. What was its horsepower and so on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1969Merc800ShortShaft View Post
    Yes, good photo. T2x, It sounds like you were involved with the rotary engine development/racing. Tell us more please. What was its horsepower and so on.
    Read my sentence again carefully......."2 liter, rotary, V10, turbine OMC"........

Jackie is much more knowledgeable about this project than I am.......
    OBSOLETE AND PROUD OF IT

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Omc

Read my sentence again carefully......."2 liter, rotary, V10, turbine OMC"........

Jackie is much more knowledgeable about this project than I am.......
    Rich, am I stupid & don't know about that secret weapon or were you trying to spoof someone. Never heard of a 2 liter rotary V-10 Turbined OMC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Schubert T*A*R*T View Post
    Rich, am I stupid & don't know about that secret weapon or were you trying to spoof someone. Never heard of a 2 liter rotary V-10 Turbined OMC.
    These were real ultra hush hush motors..... not even Charlie Strang or Jack Leek knew about the project.......

Edgar Rose hid the prototypes away so thoroughly that 2 days later even he couldn't find them...but if they ever actually got on one of those bi-plane hulls that Staudacher and Molinari were developing (also in secret..code named "Molidachers").... they definitely would have been faster than anything else to this day..... .

T2x

P.S..... This is for all those guys who are always searching for the "inside story" on minutiae like why the factories chose specific stripe colors on engine cowls for a certain year...
    OBSOLETE AND PROUD OF IT

Post Thanks / Like

There needs to be an icon or emoticon for going over people's heads
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

These were real ultra hush hush motors..... not even Charlie Strang or Jack Leek knew about the project.......

Edgar Rose hid the prototypes away so thoroughly that 2 days later even he couldn't find them...but if they ever actually got on one of those bi-plane hulls that Staudacher and Molinari were developing (also in secret..code named "Molidachers").... they definitely would have been faster than anything else to this day..... .

T2x

P.S..... This is for all those guys who are always searching for the "inside story" on minutiae like why the factories chose specific stripe colors on engine cowls for a certain year...
    Hiya Rich, Been away from this site too long and had forgotten about the Staudanari and the 10 liter hydrofart. That thing had a fifty foot afterburn that was positively lethal, whenever anyone ran behind it , they were badly singed and many drivers had to be given mouth to mouth and a shot of J/D to revive them.APBA had a rule about alky levels during competitions and once burned and cured by the MTM/J/D method, referee's were very strict and insisted on trying the cure for themselves before allowing racing to continue. Stickle is a prime example of the results of being a referee.
    The hydrofart was another. Of the short lived inventions.

Thread Information