Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mercury 70

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

Some NOS wake it up

Post Thanks / Like

Explosions tend to wake up the neighbors, too
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

if it's in good shape, ya can dust it 10 donkeys per hole

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nitrous , ANYONE ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred View Post
    Some NOS wake it up
    ........................ .................................................. .................................................. ...................................
    I think i mentioned it before; TOM (Ireland ) sent out a nitrous kit to P J (Paul Bender) in late 70's or early 80's for S E boats 75 horse EVINRUDDERS . Several tried it , made their boats go like stink. No trouble,as far as I know . But, a mild kit , only 30 additional H P . But, out of the corners, came on like jack the bear .

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default " Angel Dust ? "

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred View Post
    if it's in good shape, ya can dust it 10 donkeys per hole
    .................................................. .................................................. ....
    .................................................. .................................................. ...................................
    I think I gotcha on the Evinson Johnrudes , BUTT ! Could Mk 75H get 10 donkeys /hole on his 6 hole muck 75 ? or woodit "Blow" ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Hodges View Post
    I think I gotcha on the Evinson Johnrudes , BUTT ! Could Mk 75H get 10 donkeys /hole on his 6 hole muck 75 ? or woodit "Blow" ?
    Too bad the bottle is not legal in Mod. 10 donkeys per hole on the 6 would probably be possible on an unmodified muck 75, but I'm pretty sure it would bust my fully modded motor

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Six Cylinder "Coke Machine " !

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    Too bad the bottle is not legal in Mod. 10 donkeys per hole on the 6 would probably be possible on an unmodified muck 75, but I'm pretty sure it would bust my fully modded motor
    .................................................. .................................................. ..........
    .................................................. .................................................. ...................................
    Is yer fully modded motor ORIGINALLY a genuine MK75H , or a fishing Mk75 dockbuster ?

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Question :

Is it possible to bore out the original sleeves from 2&7/16" TO 2&9/16" ? the Mk75 to Mk78 size? A local guy here claimed his was - I was very skeptical. Lon Stevens told me that about .050" was practical .Correction, I just remembered that he said you could get away with boring out about 1/2 of the sleeve thickness , but that .050 pistons should be available to save old worn out blocks .
    Last edited by Roy Hodges; 02-26-2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: clarification

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Hodges View Post
    Is it possible to bore out the original sleeves from 2&7/16" TO 2&9/16" ? the Mk75 to Mk78 size? A local guy here claimed his was - I was very skeptical. Lon Stevens told me that about .050" was practical .Correction, I just remembered that he said you could get away with boring out about 1/2 of the sleeve thickness , but that .050 pistons should be available to save old worn out blocks .
    Why not just use a Mk78 block? They are essentially the same other than the transfer passages and post 1960 Mk75 replacement blocks were based on the Mk78/700 block (same transfer passages) with smaller sleeves. The only difference was the bore and the text on the side of the motor.

I'm not certain anyone has a block with an original Mk75H serial number. The one that Ron Collins had might be one, Bud Clark might have one, but I've never had a serial number reported to me from an actual block from the right series.

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default six cylinder blocks

I have NO need for ANY 6 cylinder motor. I am just asking because of my curiosity. I am always wondering "what if ?'. I knew of one mk 75H motor. Stevens had hopped it up . way back in the 70's . I remember he did NOT like the port timing of the Mk 55h & Mk75H . He did like the Mk 58 port timing .

Thread Information