PDA

View Full Version : Craig Lawrence Get Well Wishes

geodavid
01-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Received news that our good friend Craig Lawrence is recovering from heart valve replacement surgery. Craig is well on the mend and headed to Daytona in his motor home. Doctors expect a full recovery in two months. Wishing you the very best Craig. I can see you passing me on the outside while winning your 350 Runabout championship. Everyone in FLA, look for T 49 rolling down the highway. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Master Oil Racing Team
01-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Best wished from Debbie and I as well Craig. We always think of the hospitality from you and your family while we lived a short time in the Dallas area. Valve replacement huh....? I always thought you were piston ported.;):D

gearbox49m1
01-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys, I have been off work a little over one month and am going crazy with sitting around. Hendrick motorsports has a policy that I cannot go back to work until the doctors say I am 100% healed. Right now I can lift up to 30 lbs, I think that is enough to drive the motorhome to Daytona for the 24hr race at the end of the month, actually the Dr is encouraging that. The last week I have felt good enough to go back to work on restoring my formula ford so that should keep me busy for awhile.

Bill Van Steenwyk
01-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi Craig:

Best wishes for a smooth recovery from both Eileen and I. If I were going to Florida I think I would like it to last as long as possible. Sounds great that Hendrix is open minded about the healing process. Some companies these days would want you back while you were still in your operating gown.

Was this an artificial valve or the "bovine" type??

Bill & Eileen

F-12
01-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Hope you get back to 100% soon. I live about 18 miles south of the track so let me know when you get down. It's colder than a well digger's behind right now and I am leaving for the West Indies for a few days on business but should be back on Monday. Take care, have a safe trip, and hope to see you while you are down south.