PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Outboard Racing Club

Bob Rusnak
06-04-2005, 07:59 AM
Going through some old pictures from the late 1960's. The first one is of Dick Scopinich from Long Island in his BOH Quincy Looper on a (I think) Sid Son hydro. Dick went on to run 500 Hydro using Konig/Butts rigs. The second picture is a typical view of the pits at a local Eastern Outboard Racing Club event. The club had a field of 50 + boats back then on a typical Sunday afternoon. Almost every type of engins/boat combinations ran in (Salt Water). Konig's, Loopers, 460's , Speeditwin's, Mercury's, Hot Rods's etc. all with open exhaust. Shown is a good example of Jack Gosman's Chrysler powered hydroplane. The club still has 4 local races in a season but the field of boats is small and have to run closed exhaust. I guess they call this progress?...Bob N-96

Mark75H
06-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Looks like Gosman's Chrysler has a Bonneville tower like the one that was recently on eBay .... cool stuff! More pictures! :)

Master Oil Racing Team
06-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Good pictures Bob. I agree. Post more. Also how about some of those guys up there---where are they? You said you still have contact with Dick Scopinich. Can you get him to join? Also Pete Voss, Jim Goehery, Bob Hooghkirk, John Yale, Skip Birbarie, and the others. Maybe John Scubert and Dick O'Dea can round some up.

F-12
06-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Good picture of Dick Scopinich............Got his phone number from his brother down here in FL before he passed away and never got ahold of him. He's a great guy to talk to and lots of fun to party with.

Allen J. Lang
06-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Bob, thanks for posting the pictures. If you have any more, they
would be greatly appreciated. Sure miss the days of the Island
racing and EORC. Now living in the desert, web sites like this helps
to bring back memories. 35 years since my last race is to long.