PDA

View Full Version : Finger ports

TMc
03-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I would like to get some finger ports put in a 56ci. OMC can somebody point me in the right direction to someone who can do this for me. Thanks Tim

Fast Fred
03-03-2010, 06:49 PM
seen some nice machined ones over on that Mod50 thread, last page.:cool:

Tim Kurcz
03-04-2010, 06:36 PM
I'll be glad to machine them in for you. Send an email to "nav27k at comcast.net" and we can make arrangements.

Tim

wolfgang
03-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Questions for those traditionalists who might have tried it before:

are there any hard and fast rules for finger/piston ports for single transfer port cross-flow engines?

The main purpose would not be so much the improvement of gas flow to the combustion chamber, but the cooling and lubrication of the small-end bearing and the underside of the piston dome?

The flushing of the pockets of the piston dome (top of piston) might be an additional benefit, if not overdone?

I am talking specifically large-bore (>3.25") cross-flow engines here, like OMC V4/6, Chrysler&Force iL 4/5.

Fast Fred
03-11-2010, 03:09 AM
finger ports do let more cool charge get to the under side of the piston on a LOOPER. cross flows are not the same animal, and do not work the same.
you may be able to move charge from under the piston to the port transfer.

Powerabout
03-11-2010, 09:30 AM
You can scallop the cross flow pistons like the factory did on race engines like V4 stangler and CCC and also the production 2.6 XP/GT