PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Mod VP 1978 #1

Steve de Souza
03-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Some Mod VP pics from Havasu 1978

Ron Hill
03-15-2010, 08:50 PM
THESE PICTURE BRING BACK MORE THAN MEMORIES...

00 IS BILL MUNCEY IN A GLASTRON EVINRUDE

309 Is Alan Miller in the sister boat of Muncey's

49 Is Ron Baker, Sr, driving Howard Pipkorn's Hydrostream

42 is Ed Jahn in a Sleek Craft with the patented MOD VP Bottom, not called MOD VP then

55 Al Stoker, driving a Witch Craft hull, he had his jaw wired shut from a football injury and carried wire cutting if he was injured they could cut his jaw apart. Al won this race for Earl McKinney and John's Custome Marine

85 is Louis Collins, I think.

Jim Jost would sell you an Evinrude 235 HP for $2,000 and you didn't have to pay for it until the end of the year. We had 20 plus boats that year at Havasu. I Co-Drove with Tim Soares, his boat, my engine, we finshed 4th. I think our number was 886, maroon, 235 Evinrude.

Mark Poole
03-16-2010, 04:18 PM
boat 49 still has cleats on the deck....very dangerous!

Smokin' Joe
03-28-2010, 03:20 AM
85 is Louis Collins with 175 hp Mariner. Didn't finish, foot throttle screws came out. Here's another photo from 1978. I also didn't finish. Who was the checkmate who collided with me on the start, took out the left side of the Allison?

tHESE PICTURE BRING BACK more THAN MEMORIES...

00 IS BILL MUNCEY IN A GLASTRON EVINRUDE

309 Is Alan Miller in the sister boat of Muncey's

49 Is Ron Baker, Sr, driving Howard Pipkorn Hydrostream

42 is Ed Jahn in a Sleek Craft with the patented MOD VP Bottom, not called MOD VP then

55 Al Stoker, driving a Witch Craft hull, he had his jaw wired shut from a football injury and carried wire cutting if he was injured they could cut his jaw apart. Al won this race for Earl McKinney and John's Custome Marine

85 is Louis Collins, I think.

Jim Jost would seel you an Evinrude 235 HP for $2,000 and you didn't have to pay for it until the end of the year. We had 20 plus boats that year at Havasu. I Co-Drove with Tim Soares, his boat, my engine, we finshed 4th. I think our number was 886, maroon, 235 Evinrude.