PDA

View Full Version : Sad News-Dale Powell

arcticracer
03-18-2010, 11:44 AM
I want to pass on the sad news that my Father, Dale Powell passed away unexpectedly yesterday due to heart problems. He was 78.

Dad was an avid boater and boat racer dating back to before I was born in 1956. He was active in "Wildcat" racing in Western Oregon before getting involved with the Oregon Speedboat Association and the APBA in Stock Outboard. He raced CU and DU. He set 5 mile competition records in both classes at Lake Lawrence, and was close to the DU kilo record. He also carried 1-US.

After his success, he parked the boats as my brother Mark and I became old enough to start racing (me in 1966, Mark in 1968) and went all out to get us going in the sport with the help of Joe Price. 1970 was the last year any of us raced, and for fun, Dad was running AU at the time.

Here's to wishing Dad smooth water and wide turns forever. He is survived by his wife, my stepmother Nancy, my older half sister Debbie in Portland, my brother Mark in Switzerland, and myself.

Dale Powell Jr.
Fairbanks, Alaska

AZOutlaw
03-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Sorry for your loss. I re-posted this under the thread "In memory of Racers no longer with us"

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?p=88469#post88469