PDA

View Full Version : who really wants to race ?

hebert51
05-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Allright......it looks like most of you guys have got the smack talking down to a fine art, what i really want to see is who can back it up with some boat driving skills :eek:

My wife and i took my wakeboard boat out to the sabine this past sunday and got to see a few of the "SRG" hangin at the sand bar.......Just from what i saw, there were enough boats for a race.......So, why dont we pick a saturday, or sunday and get a real river race going ? Im just guessing but if most of the boats showed up im sure there would be 10-12 in the lineup. I dont think it needs to be sanctioned or anything, we could have our own safety boats positioned along the river. I was thinking line up on the sandbar....modified lemans start (dead engine) run down river, first one to pass the train bridge takes the bragging rights......or to the bridge and back :eek: 3 cylinders and under, but including the 4 cyl 40 merc, if anyone is even running one. what do you guys think ?

MWhite
05-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Allright......it looks like most of you guys have got the smack talking down to a fine art, what i really want to see is who can back it up with some boat driving skills :eek:

My wife and i took my wakeboard boat out to the sabine this past sunday and got to see a few of the "SRG" hangin at the sand bar.......Just from what i saw, there were enough boats for a race.......So, why dont we pick a saturday, or sunday and get a real river race going ? Im just guessing but if most of the boats showed up im sure there would be 10-12 in the lineup. I dont think it needs to be sanctioned or anything, we could have our own safety boats positioned along the river. I was thinking line up on the sandbar....modified lemans start (dead engine) run down river, first one to pass the train bridge takes the bragging rights......or to the bridge and back :eek: 3 cylinders and under, but including the 4 cyl 40 merc, if anyone is even running one. what do you guys think ?
sounds like a plan, But it get to rough down there to run. To many big boats and traffic. may have to go someplace where the traffic aint bad.

hebert51
05-17-2010, 05:24 PM
I agree, it does get pretty crowded down there, but if it was done before noon it probably wouldnt be an issue, do you know a better area to do it ? The things i like about that section, is there is a big enough sandbar for the start, the river is plenty wide enough, and the bridge makes a good finish line, or turnaround point, but you are right, about the traffic, this would definately have to be done before the river gets busy, for our safety and others

MWhite
05-17-2010, 05:46 PM
I agree, it does get pretty crowded down there, but if it was done before noon it probably wouldnt be an issue, do you know a better area to do it ? The things i like about that section, is there is a big enough sandbar for the start, the river is plenty wide enough, and the bridge makes a good finish line, or turnaround point, but you are right, about the traffic, this would definately have to be done before the river gets busy, for our safety and others
I'll talk to everyone and see what they want to do. that gets bad down there for aluim. boats big boats wouldnt be a problem, also have to watch out for WLF.

hebert51
05-17-2010, 05:51 PM
that gets bad down there for aluim. boats big boats wouldnt be a problem, .

It should only be small boats......3 cylinder or less, and i agree the rougher the water the better, but we dont want to run over anyone, or cause too much trouble, I just want a legit river race :)

hebert51
05-17-2010, 05:52 PM
my boat don't like any thing over 6 inchs.i'll bring my 30 pitch if we running over 1/2 mile.. quess i'm invited. i better do some drafting behind m/white
you will definately want your 30 pitch, i think that run is around 1.5-2 miles, just guessing

MWhite
05-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Just hit the waves it adds thrill

some of them waves are BIG, and it dont take much to crash and burn

88workcar
05-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Well I would like to see it also and I am game. BUTthe last time I drove 2 1/2 hours, only one boat was out there to runI do not want to go again and only one boat is ready to do some cutten up, racing, playing or what ever we do.

hebert51
05-17-2010, 06:18 PM
88, there is no reason for all these guys not to show up, thats why id like to see this happen, there are too many "river racers" around here right now not to have a race....i mean thats what these boats are for right ?? If two or three out of town boats showed up, and all of the locals were there, Im guessing you would have 10-15 boats, that would be a lot of fun.....and some real racing too ! Ive got a race this sunday, and we probably wouldnt want to do it on memorial weekend, what do you guys think about the weekend after that.....that would be the weekend of June 5-6th

Riverrat001
05-17-2010, 07:13 PM
I would go mabey race somebodys stock motor but I work that weekend I'll be off for the 2 after that though

88workcar
05-18-2010, 03:50 PM
One things for sure, Hydo-Tec will do nothing for me.

YAMAHAFASTCRAFT
05-18-2010, 06:53 PM
One things for sure, Hydo-Tec will do nothing for me.

i thought john tolbert built you engines.hydro tec now i see you going for the gold.or at least paying for gold and getting slower per 100 you spend.:D

YAMAHAFASTCRAFT
05-18-2010, 07:22 PM
srk might show up for this one.

man of many boats
05-18-2010, 07:27 PM

doubt it:p:p:p:p:p:p:

seaward
05-18-2010, 07:43 PM
i'm a old roundy round guy myself, let's do a flying start.make the distance half the size and go 3 laps. boat can only be 14 foot or less,2 foot swells and the light weight kneel down boats and the hydro's will be in trouble.my 1,000 lb rig will lose some speed but should hold off the fast guys. 75 man out

how about 30 laps next weekend Bay Town Boat Club TX.

YAMAHAFASTCRAFT
05-18-2010, 07:44 PM
sounds like a good race.it is a little far to run for me.but maybe one day we will all be able to race.

hebert51
05-18-2010, 07:48 PM
how about 30 laps next weekend Bay Town Boat Club TX.

Hal.....now thats a good idea !! Ill be there :)

PM your phone number to me if you dont mind...........

Craig Wayne
05-18-2010, 08:14 PM

HE IS FAKE !!! Or scared to show his face cause nobody noes him on the SABINE RIVER !!! How can he be the killer ? :rolleyes:

50hptiller
05-18-2010, 08:43 PM
If we showed up to race you would never get them guys to put there stuff in the water !!!!!!

They'd be worried somthing would fly off our boats and kill one of them

hahahahahah .... thats funny..... aint that the truth