PDA

View Full Version : Allison 50th Anniversary Pictures

Miss BK
06-18-2005, 07:14 PM
These are just the first set from Friday at the Allison Craft 50th reunion. I should have more by tomorrow when my family gets back :)

They've been calling me and telling me about all the people I didn't get to meet. Like Bob Valachovic and Kenny Kitson :( But hopefully I'll get to meet you both at the Switzer Reunion in Sept. I just had too many things going on to make it to this one.

I think everyone will recognize this first picture --- my son Parker called me on the cell phone and said, "MOM! Guess what I am standing next to!"

The next pictures are of a rare Allison from the past...

Miss BK
06-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Part of the trip to Tennessee included a tour of the Allison facdory as well as a trip to the Hydrostream factory nearby....

Miss BK
06-18-2005, 07:20 PM
They also payed a visit to Paul Allison's unique home. He is quite the artist!

I believe the man second from left is Jim Hunt (?), followed by Louis Collins and Paul Allison. The man on the far right is Jim Contzen, current owner of Hydrostream.

Miss BK
06-18-2005, 07:22 PM
From left to right:
Paul Allison, former Allison factory driver Louis Collins, former owner of Mirage Boats Brad Collins and Parker Collins age 8.

B VALACHOVIC
06-18-2005, 09:54 PM
This is Boat Kittens husband Brad Collins and Parker Collins their son at the Allison Family Catfish resturant. The restaurant is only open weekends and was full when we were there.Bob

B VALACHOVIC
06-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Allison Craft raceboat with the tilted out V6 engines at the top.

B VALACHOVIC
06-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Another Allison raceboat . Same owner. The boats are original and kept in a barn.

B VALACHOVIC
06-18-2005, 10:06 PM
A 20 foot Allison owned by Louis Collins with the tilted engines.

B VALACHOVIC
06-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Look who is here. I didnt expect to have representation from Mercury there, especially with the race trailer so i went to see what they had for sale and I thought the shirts were a bargin at 6.00 . I said to them to place this logo that is on the shirt back on the truck like it should be . They just smiled. (Only having fun with them).

B VALACHOVIC
06-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Two for real Wing Drivers. I asked Ernie Threkold and Ken Kitson to pose in front of the Wing. Ernie ran O M C s on his Wing And Kenny Mercs.

B VALACHOVIC
06-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Kenny Kitson and his wife Susan. We parked the boat to go and eat in front of someones house ---well-- it was Paul Allisons house and Paul came out and said to Kenny ,Hey remember when I fixed the bottom on that boat for you . We ended up taking a tour of Pauls fantastic house. Paul had us park the boat at the restaurant later (where it is shown in the photo) so everyone could see it.

B VALACHOVIC
06-18-2005, 11:19 PM
15 foot Allison with what I would say a large engine

B VALACHOVIC
06-19-2005, 05:20 PM
David Shook has the Fastest Bass Boat In The World.

B VALACHOVIC
06-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Paul and Darris Allison receiving awards for their achievements, and as Allison Craft boat company as a whole.

Miss BK
06-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the pictures, Bob!

Here are a few more my family brought back....

Miss BK
06-20-2005, 09:15 AM
more

Miss BK
06-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Here's a picture of my son Parker with "Miss Diablo" driver Kenny Kitson

Miss BK
06-20-2005, 09:19 AM
This is Lannie Lowman, the original owner/driver of the twin "tilted engine" Allison. In the second picture is Lannie with Chuck Rutherford and his wife, owner of Big Orange racing which sponsored the late Joe Burgess.

Miss BK
06-20-2005, 09:26 AM
a few more:

Miss BK
06-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Last pictures....

B VALACHOVIC
06-20-2005, 03:44 PM
We went to the lakes with the Allison owners and took her out for a run.

B VALACHOVIC
06-20-2005, 03:46 PM
A happy Allison owner going for a ride at one of the lakes.

B VALACHOVIC
06-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Tunnell boat racer Charlie Craig .Charlie was my roommate at the hotel.

B VALACHOVIC
06-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Charlie Craig , Jim Hunt and Ken Kitson

B VALACHOVIC
06-20-2005, 04:25 PM
They say there is two sides to every story. The Allisons have this covered owning both sides of the road .

Ron Hill
06-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Great, great pictures....Thanks for sharing...

Where was this?

The late Joe Burgess. Loved the guy. He was fun to be around...."BIG ORANGE MARINE".....

Miss BK
06-21-2005, 05:32 PM
It was held in Louisville, TN, home of Allison Boat Company.

B VALACHOVIC
06-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Where else can you get gas for the car and soft drinks from the vending machine this reasonable.

*Jockey Up*
06-25-2005, 08:39 AM
Them some cool pictures of the Allison Rally, I wish I could have been there. Those pic's shows me what I missed..... :( O well, maybe next year I can go.

Jockey Up :)

fish
06-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Great pics, Now I really wish I would have gone. Going to make it a must do next time. Thanks for sharing,

fish

mbd29
07-02-2005, 04:22 PM
What great photos. The last time I saw Paul Alison was when he stayed at our house prior to the Kilos in Kaukauna. He was there with Ben Robertson trying to set a record in UJ class. He doesn't look any older than he did in 1976.

Another person who should be telling his side of racing, on this site, is Chuck Rutherford. He owned the Big Orange Racing equipment and was very close to Joe Burgess. He was always concerned with the safety of boat racing and I believe that is the reason he got out of it. I was very surprised to see that he still had all of his boats after all these years. It shows the love he has for the sport.

I would like to contact Chuck if someone could let me know his wereabouts.

B VALACHOVIC
07-02-2005, 04:52 PM
What great photos. The last time I saw Paul Alison was when he stayed at our house prior to the Kilos in Kaukauna. He was there with Ben Robertson trying to set a record in UJ class. He doesn't look any older than he did in 1976.

Another person who should be telling his side of racing, on this site, is Chuck Rutherford. He owned the Big Orange Racing equipment and was very close to Joe Burgess. He was always concerned with the safety of boat racing and I believe that is the reason he got out of it. I was very surprised to see that he still had all of his boats after all these years. It shows the love he has for the sport.

I would like to contact Chuck if someone could let me know his wereabouts.
Mike go to allisonowners.com and there is a phone # there that will help you out.

snatchblock
07-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Yes Joe Burgess was a great guy to be around I really enjoyed being around the man . Chuck and Joe used to come up here to Portsmouth Ohio for the noa championships, all of the guys and gals (wives) were great people to be around. Chucks Big Orange Marine were just great people period.. I beleave one of the main reasons chuck slowed down was pressure from all around him account he became Dr. Chuck Rutherford surgeon. I know the family and friends wanted him to stop racing himself for fear of injury . I haven't seen them since the early 80s but to me it was like yesterday Chuck still looks the same . I'm sure they wouldn't remember me , but I have fond memorys of them all .

mike selby
10-27-2011, 10:27 AM
When & where can I see all thoes allison boats that appeared in the 50th ann. I had a very rare 15ft allison & am in the process of getting it back. I would like to get back into collecting vintage allisons & Merc.outboards. Need Info.