PDA

View Full Version : Suncoast Super Boat Grand Prix

Original Looper 1
07-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Sarasota, Florida, is host this week for the Suncoast Super Boat Grand Prix.

Offshore boat racing returns to Sarasota in July as part of a series of boat racing events. Sarasota's events are scheduled for June 27 - July 5 to benefit the Florida Center for Child & Family Services.

The week's events included golf and fishing tournaments, a car show, parade of boats in downtown Sarasota, parties, kilo runs and bay front activities. The super boat races take place on July 4th, ending the day with fireworks.

We stopped by the bay front today to check out the boats and the bikini contest, which was a very popular event. I'll let you decide which was hotter, the boats or the bikinis. :D

We will be putting up the entire series of photos taken today soon at the Quincy site, www.QuincyLooperRacing.us

thanks,

Paul A Christner

PS: These photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web sites without my written permission.

Allen J. Lang
07-04-2010, 06:37 AM
OK Paul, where are the pictures of the boats,LOL?

Original Looper 1
07-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Here's a few more photos from the Suncoast Super Boat Grand Prix events, including a couple of race shots from Sunday (the on and off rain hampered photo taking).

Just four boats took a shot at Friday's Kilo Runs. The Phenomenon, the Global Warmer and the Popeye's Chicken boat all had mechanical problems and were unable to complete the required passes. However, the Instigator set a world record during the Kilo Runs on Sarasota Bay. Team Instigator reached 124.52 mph, topping their previous record of 120 mph in the Super Vee Unlimited Division. The team is based in Port Washington on Long Island, N.Y.

Event organizers said there were 50 boats entered in Sunday's races. The number of entries were down from previous years due to the economy. Several teams had lost major sponsorship for the 2010 racing season.

I'll post the official results from the boat races when available.

Meanwhile, enjoy the scenery. :D :p :rolleyes:

thanks,

Paul A Christner

Note: Click on photos to enlarge.

ps: These photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web site without my written permission. Thanks.

Father Nostalgia
07-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Attention all racers, southern california.............SCSC needs a boat count for nostalgia flats and nostalgia endurance for the long beach race. Call me,( Jim Best ) at (760)898-6227 or e-mail me at gn145@verizon.net if you are interested in racing, or any comments.

I know times are tough and money is at a premium so any suggestions would be appreciated.