PDA

View Full Version : V-Pad GT30 race boat Philippines

danwaa
08-27-2010, 09:04 AM
First footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRjVJ5Yri1g

To compete on an international scale in the 2010 official GT30 or any small outboard class.
Inspired by Lester Orense, designed and built by the German Daniel Waadt in the Philippines.
Shipping globaly

Boat Specs
Loa 12'9"
Boa 66"
Weight 150lb or 65 kilo
Transom height 12-15"
powered by 33hp Yamato race engine or similar outboard
Speed recorded: 50mph or 80 kmh plus

Systemoverload
08-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Some more pictures.

Mark75H
08-27-2010, 06:02 PM
cool!

Ron Hill
08-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Cool was the exact word that came to my mind. It seems like yesterday that my nephew Bunker Hill and JT Snow (That JT SNOW) used to drive Tommy Ige's Yamato Vee Hull with a Model 80.....

Jt's mom would make us promise not to let JT drive and we'd promise. But when we got to the river JT and Bunker would be off with a 5 gallon gas can a funnel...I'd tell them to go up river in case they'd run out of gas.

Well they'd go up river until they ran out of gas, then they'd float back while gasing the smae tank...about the time they get back in front of us, they, fire that motor up and roatr off again. They ran that motor for a week sloid once. Then Bunker raced it for about 4 three years, and was basically never beat.

My Addictor is only 8 feet long but I'm putting a Yamato 302 on it!

danwaa
08-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks for your acknowledgment and passionate story.
Lester Orense is also the one that turned me on to built this nifty little boat.

Yeah, the feeling is hard to describe. U almost don't feel the boat, just the water and you want to go again and again. Everyone who road it was silent at first, than they kept looking at it over and over while having a good time at the initiation party. Next to the hydro, which Lester built years ago (I think the plans also came from you) they looked like a happy couple.

The next one should be out in a week. I had to refine my mold.Will post more pics soon.

Aloha, Daniel

mercmack
08-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Ron take care of the addictor, i sure miss that little boat....i got a 35 merc i can put on it..
Just cam across another 15 " merc tower..taking it down to put solid mounts in it..dont know what power head to install.. Trying to find a 1968/9 merc 35 hp its 31 cu's to try against those 31.5 omc's...just once..my 30 cu merc (1965 model) beet them at one of the last suison races way back when..just before the outlawed my eng for being to "old" then the c-nod class died any way..
That addictor most likely is still in napa, in someones back yard full of dust, leaves and crap..the merc is on a rubber boat in v allejo and stll have the bungy marks around the tower when i seen it last..
Oh the good old days...not dead and still dreaming.....mercmack

Fredriksenboatsport
08-31-2010, 02:41 PM
When will you put on a real GT-30 engine after the UIM ruel §551.01 ?

Ron Hill
08-31-2010, 07:50 PM
What is a REAL GT 30 engine???

danwaa
09-02-2010, 09:39 AM
-When I have the finances Frederic. Our funds are limited here.

-Good question Ron.

I believe, with all due respect, "a real GT 30 engine" means what they are using since they came up with the ca-notation GT30, statute and class rules.

Like for us as here in the Philippines, as of now alternative engines will do.
I refer to my boat as GT30, because it is a V-pad and very much inspired by the European counterpart. (I myself am German). I hope that I didn't copy to much in designing my boat.

Ron Hill
09-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Make your class GT 30Y, the Y for Yamato. Make your own rules. The best classes have ALWAYS been LOCAL......F Runabout, Cracker Box, 36 Runabout....Who cares what they do somewhere else???

A 302 Yamato STOCK is around 32 horses, I've heard.

danwaa
09-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the good advice Ron. I love your spirit.

Powerabout
09-02-2010, 06:35 PM
What is a REAL GT 30 engine???

Download this Ron
http://www.powerboatracing.de/files/2009/circuit_rules09.pdf
UIM rule 551.01