PDA

View Full Version : Dayton UIM Races

jrome
06-28-2005, 07:32 PM
These pictures are from the 1978 UIM Races in Dayton, Ohio. Do you recognize anyone in the driver's meeting?

Composite Specialties
06-29-2005, 03:34 AM
Hey Joe,

I think I reconize these faces in the various pictures:

Wayne Baldwin
Jim McKean
Dick O'Dea
Jerry Kirts
Jeff Hutchins
Tom Harden? (sitting at the picnic table)
Tim Butts
Fred Miller

Let me know how close I was.

Peter Crowley
06-29-2005, 04:26 AM
Denny Henderson is in the top two photos.... Has anyone seen Jim McKean and Roger Clements in the same room together? Lets see.... who is more famous... A "younger" Jim looks like a "younger" Rocket Roger! He also has that Dale Earnhart Sr. look!!!!!

John Schubert T*A*R*T
06-29-2005, 06:45 AM
Denny Henderson is in the top two photos.... Has anyone seen Jim McKean and Roger Clements in the same room together? Lets see.... who is more famous... A "younger" Jim looks like a "younger" Rocket Roger! He also has that Dale Earnhart Sr. look!!!!!
Renato Molinari was in one opicture looking at his arm.

jrome
06-29-2005, 06:04 PM
1st Picture:
Sitting: Tim Butts, Fred Miller, standing is Bill Boxell, Steve Hirts, Troy Dunn, Wayne Baldwin, Hans Krag, Billy Davis, Kirt Miska, Phil Howard with dark sun glasses, Mel Kirts with blue cap, Jim McKean

2nd Picture: Same basic picture as #1, except Mel Kirts is looking up.

3rd Picture: Man with hat that is sitting is Holmer Kinkaid, John Dortch was his head down, Jerry Petterson is behind Molinari. The rest of the Italians with Landini. Blue shirt with arms folded is Neil Bauknight.

4th Picture: Jerry Kirts, Jeff Hutchins, Tom Jones

5th Picture: Joann Ellis and Dick O'Dea

jrome
06-29-2005, 07:45 PM
This is Tom Jones from South Africa, #25, and Jerry Kirts, H1

jrome
06-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Aluminum Hydro from France

jrome
06-29-2005, 07:49 PM
Picture #1 is the Italian Team with driver Landini

Picture #2 is H4, Dan Kirts

Picture #3 is Homer Kincaid and Jack Waite

Miss BK
06-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Did you notice that Renato is wearing a "London Bridge" t-shirt. No doubt he bought that in Havasu at the World Outboard Championships.
Great pics! Thanks.

Master Oil Racing Team
07-06-2005, 01:04 PM
More from Dayton. Since no one will probably guess the first one, it is Pierre Desiertenne from France working on his aluminum hydro--the one Joe posted earlier.

Dan M
07-06-2005, 06:32 PM
2nd Pic is Fred Hauenstine on the left, can't remember the guy in the center and Johnny Dorch on the right. Danny Kirt's boat. Punched a hole in in in the first heat and everyone tried to scramble to help him get it patched for the next heat. Mixed up some real hot epoxy to try to get it to set up. I was working with Harry Pasturczak at the time and he was very allergic to Epoxies. Had to stay up wind from the area. As I recall, Danny only made about 3 laps before the patch gave out.

Dan

Wilfried Weiland
02-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Top photo: Wayne, Hans Georg Krage, Kurt Mischke.