PDA

View Full Version : 87 Sleekcraft Past

LAAllison
12-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Just bought an 87 Sleefcraft Mod VP hull from a guy on Long Island N.Y. and I'd like to find any history on it or the past owner and or driver.
There is an IOGP sticker on the boat along with the number 37. C&W Marine might have been a sponsor. Painted on the boat is: Owner Ted Bravo Driver Tabb Bridges.
Boat appears to be sound but the finish is pretty faded. You can just make out the name of Bravo and Bridges.
I'm just wanting to put it together and play some. Any info would be appreciated.

Art

RTR

Ron Hill
12-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Ted Bravo was at one time one of Hydrostream's largest dealers. We became pretty good friends and I got him to come to Parker and drive my number two red "Crayola" Sleek.

Ted Bravo was a Mariner dealer and he bought quite a few Sleek Crafts. He came to Parker, St. Louis, and Minnesota to race.

Bridges, if I'm not mistaked was Tab Bridges who co-drove with Ted at times.

C and W Marine was in Havasu City, AZ owned and run by a nice old guy named Charlie. Ted ran the number two HST Hydrostream ever built at Havasu, and it broke holes in it becasue it was too light. Ted left the boat at C and W Marine. Ted gave the boat an trailer to me. Jimmy Harris went and picked it up, repaired it. We put my Yamaha on it and Harris was a terror for two or so years with that boat. He won the Walker 100 with the red and black HST of Ted Bravo's.

Ted was knonw as Mr. Ted by his customers. He and his son got into selling personal water crafts. Teddy passed on about 3-4 years ago!

What color is the Sleek? I have apicture of a white Sleek with red and yellow on it...Called Muscle Boats...That was the name of Ted's business...

LAAllison
12-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks Ron
The boat is white with what was once red, yellow,orange.
When I figure out how to post a pic of it I will.

Art

RTR

fyremanbill
12-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Would be interesting to see the inside and transom of that boat. Might be a real peice of ModVP history.

LAAllison
12-07-2010, 05:49 PM
I've got pictures. I'll get my son to help me figure out how to post them.

Art

RTR

stvracing
12-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Is this the boat with built in setback? Did it come from a guy named Aldo?

RONNIE
01-02-2011, 06:22 PM
no built in set back it's got a girder work alum transom. still a nice boat tho!! see it plenty. steve is that you??

stvracing
01-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey Ronnie, how ya been?

stvracing
01-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Ronnie, you feel like replacing a transom for me?

capnzee
01-03-2011, 11:01 PM
I have a "line" on a mold for the Sleekcraft SST (outboard). I have been told the mold is "up to speed", on wheels, straight as the day it was built and could be used with only a scrub down and a little mold release. I believe this peice could be purchased for as little as 1000 bucks. I would certainly like to see this mold put to work so that COR racers could quit looking for old mod VP boats from the 80's and get into some new boats. We had pinned our hopes on "REVOLUTION" but I believe that dog is dead. R:)D

stvracing
01-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Rod, are you going to be building them, or do you just know where the molds are? If you not going to buy them could you pm me the info. This is something ive been looking to do for quite some time now.