PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 32" Hill Yamacopy

tunnelmike
07-08-2005, 12:13 PM
just bought one now it's on the bottom of Bayou Chinquepin with 1/2 a prop shaft. I loaned it so Lucas is financing the new unit.

Is Ron Hill here the prop maker ??

Thanks for any leads........Mike

Tomtall
07-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Hey Ron - Come out , Come out , were ever you are.:D

Ron Hill
07-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Well, we "LOST" on a tie game today....A tie, took us out of the final 4....

Bummer...16 and Under National Age Groups (NAGS)...Well, there is always the 18's and under next year...

I'll be home Monday.....E-mail me...ronhill@speakeasy.net Do I "HANG OUT HERE???" Desn't anyone remember what Tommy Lasorda answered when he was asked about Dave Kingman's performance???? Well, it had more than 63 swear words in a minute and half tape....Part went like this...What the BANANAS do you think I thought of his APPLE performance? The ROOTABEGA guys hits five TURNIP homeruns and you ask me his TOMATO performance....??? What the YELLOW SQUASH do you think I think of his POTATO performance???

The answer from Tommy, was finally, a YES.....the guy performed...YES, Ron Hill "HANGS OUT" here...More than his wife likes...She seldom uses fruit names when she talks about BRF!!!!

Seems those 32 Yamaha Style WHEELS ARE $1,000 EACH....

ADD:

My youngest son, Broc, is named after Broc Glover. Broc Glover was "The Golden Boy" of Moto Cross Racing......and looking back...was loved by all of us...

Broc drove our RED SLEEK MOD VP... Broc had a Mercury MOD VP BRIDGEPORT that was never sold to the public....but then again, he traded a "FACTORY" Yamaha 125 for it....Seems, a guy at Mercury had a son who raced Moto Cross....who also happened to know which Mercury Motors were for racers......Well, Broc Glover "LOST" his motorcycle up in Wisconssin, but he "FOUND" and Damn Fast MOD VP motor....

While Broc was racing for Yamaha (MOTO CROSS) he was assinged the job of buying props from Hill Marine for Yamaha Marine...Yamaha Marine had been to my shopm and I'd told them "No cameras"...but telling a Yamaha Employeee no cameras is like tell someone at Taco Bell, "No Mexican food".....

Anyway, Broc Glover got me an "OPEN PO" (Purchase Order)for propelllers. Yamaha Marine wanted one of every prop I made.

Well, This ooked like a chance to make some money, so I athered up everyprop I had in the shop and polished it and sold it to Yamaha....

There was a 14 X 28 Mercury Cleaver that had been an SJ prop...wleded, rounded tips, laid back blades that I sold to Yamaha....

Trust me, the Yamaha Style, Cleaver is really a Dick Snyder Mercury Cleaver, modified by Ron Hill, copied by Yamaha.......but the SUCKER HAULS THE MAIL.......

The ONLY prop I have made that comes close is my ET Style....

AND ADD: I don't sell anyof my props for a thousand dollars...only $999.