PDA

View Full Version : The texas mile

Master Oil Racing Team
02-13-2011, 12:09 PM
I think it's pretty much a true fact that most boat racers also enjoy high performance machines that compete in other sports as well. And many members here have also raced go karts, snowmobiles, motorcycles and all sorts of cars. Debbie just got back from Goliad last evening and gave me a flyer on the Texas Mile which I thought some of the BRF members might wish to attend. I know it's far for most of you but it seems like a very unique event.

They have an event scheduled for March 25-27, but don't plan on participating because they had such a response, they are filled up. But it could be very interesting to watch. They will have another in October, but I don't know the date.

It is at Goliad, Texas and will feature unlimited runs on a one mile straight. They have classes in which to compete. They do have records. Properly prepared cars and motorcycles will get a chance to join the 200+MPH Club of Texas.

There will be motorcycles, vintage cars, race cars, performance street cars and land speed racers. And there will be lots of vendors. I can tell you there is a big variety of great tasting food at events like this in Texas. Hey George Taylor.........come to Texas and let's visit while we watch the show!

I didn't wait for all the stuff to be downloaded to see what it costs, but there are two websites you can check. www.texasmile.com 281-802-9863 or www.nasatx.com 281-303-1844.

Master Oil Racing Team
02-13-2011, 08:56 PM
I grilled some cornish game hens tonight, and over supper I said to Debbie "Did you pick up this flyer because you thought I would want to go"? To my surprise she said "No".

I asked why she was interested. Debbie said "Mary Beth said I could see how fast my car could go." Confused...I let Debbie go on to explain. She told me that our friend Mary Beth (who she traveled with to Goliad) had told her that for the last four or five years there was an event where a road was closed and anyone could find out just how fast their car could go. This was something that sparked Mary Beth's mind as I found out today because of the fact that Debbie made a hard G left turn at Crosstown Expressway to show Mary Beth how her Nissan 350 could stick to the road.:D Mary Beth was apparently impressed, and when they went through the shops and found the flier, she showed it to Debbie.

So I asked "You really would want to see how fast your car would go?" She said "Yeah!" I then asked "How fast do you think you would be comfortable with....or drive it?" Debbie said "140" I talked to her about tires then, but she really felt confident. It blew me away. At the end she said she really liked the sense of acceleration in her car, and just wondered how far it would go. I think at the beginning of this Texas Mile thing she may have gotten her wish, but I think now, it must have caught on and there are too many with fast machines for a woman with a stock 350z to get a run in. God bless you though Debbie....and Happy Valentines Day/