PDA

View Full Version : Bullet 130 Knockoff

rekcuftar
02-26-2011, 03:43 PM
I bought the hull from a private party (Same person that sold the 13 foot Biel) for $2700 with trailer delivered to MN in November of 09. It had no holes and had never been in the water. He had custom ordered if from Mini Power Boats Inc. and had them add knee Braces and a dash set up for center steer pop up cleats and fish eye type lights. I found an old Long shaft Stinger for $500 in Northern MN. I got it in the water last summer but have not had much opportunity to work on set up. All I did last summer was pull my 4 year old son on an inflatable. When I bought the motor it came with a chewed up 14x17 Alum prop. A local guy that worked on my motor was nice enough to let me use a 13x19 and a 13 3/4x15 alum prop. I was able to get the boat up to 45 with the 13x19 but I think I could have used more pitch. He sold the propeller early during the summer and I bought the 13 3/4 by 15 from him to pull my son on a inflatable. I have picked up a both a stainless 12 3/4x21 and a 12 3/4x23 over the winter on ebay that I'm itching to try when our water gets plyable again. I have also been looking at one of Ron's propellers on Ebay he suggested I post my ride here. I would be curious what the more people think would be a good propeller set up when I'm in the boat by myself.

88workcar
02-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Nice ride fella, they run good with a 75. Prop and set up is the key.

F-12
02-26-2011, 05:10 PM
First and foremost. Listen to Mr. Hill. He will give you the best info regarding what will make your putt-putt not be a putt-putt. And before he gets the chance............jack it up! It is way to low on the transom for any performance props to help. BUT...this will effect the pleasure use as whoever is behind you on a rope (if you can get on a plane) will get extremely hosed down. Ron will fill you in on what is most important. All you have to do is listen..................

rekcuftar
02-26-2011, 05:42 PM
I put it on a Bobs hyd jack because I thought I was adding less than 30 lbs. Sadly its about 47 filled with fluid and added more weight than intended. Apparently they just counted the weight of the plate not the motor and fluid in their calculations. In the picture the jack is just raised high enough so it will not scrape on the driveway pulling in and out. I need to block the top water intakes before I can jack it up like I probably will need to. Whats the best way to a plug you intakes?