PDA

View Full Version : Ken Olson Jr. Info Please

uberpubert69
04-14-2011, 05:14 AM
If anyone here would be able to tell me about Ken Olson Jr. and his achievements I would be extremely grateful. He's my father. I was born late into his life and before then he had a stroke and needed to relearn everything. I don't see him much lately anymore either so I haven't been able to know my dads life before me. Sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum, and thanks to anyone who can give me any info.

Mark75H
04-14-2011, 05:17 AM
Where and when did he race? What kind of boats?

uberpubert69
04-14-2011, 05:23 AM
From what little I know, he raced in the 80s, and had a few boats. One of them says 1010 on the boat, one of them has a SST 120 motor. Hes from St. Pete, Florida. I heard he went racing all over the place in championships and what not. Thats really all I know, hoping someone just knows who he is and can tell me more about him hehe.

Mark75H
04-14-2011, 05:24 AM
That will point a lot of people in the right direction. I'm sure he is well remembered and we will get some responses

He is mentioned in post #7 of this thread: http://boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8700

uberpubert69
04-14-2011, 05:27 AM
I sure hope so. My dads house was FILLED with all kinds of trophies and the walls were covered in plaques. Everyone keeps on telling me my dad was great but not anything specific. Apparently he broke quite a few world records in his time.

Rick
04-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Try APBA, I think they have Propeller mags to view from late 70's - 80's . There should be the info you are looking for.

Mark75H
04-14-2011, 11:59 AM
They have them, but there is no way to search them without going to Detroit in person.

As far as I can tell the on line archive only goes back to 2002 when they were first on line

boatmark59
04-30-2011, 09:23 PM
I knew Kenny way back when. He raced SST-120 / Champ stuff in Florida out of the St.Pete area.

As I remember at the time he had a successful real estate company. Always had top notch equipment and ran well. I remember some records, but what and where is lost to time. Boats were usually black and red to match his tricked out black Caddilac Seville. Seems like he ran mostly Seebold boats. Also I think Jack Withrow ran a Mod-50 boat for a while that Kenny might have owned or been a part of. I think he also had an engine shop for a short time with Eric Reinertson.

I knew Ken from when I started as a kid in the late seventies, but probably haven't seen him since the late eighties. He always had a party going on around him and his group. Seems like he even showed up at Miami once towing the raceboat with a stretch limo!

Anyone who raced in Florida in the that time period would know Kenny, surprised there are not more responses here.

er22
06-05-2011, 05:30 AM
Hi Kerry, I knew your father well and would love to see him again...I last saw him around 5-6 years ago. We raced together for years had a lot of great times. My email is er@leadsanddata.net and my phone is 239-287-3049 if you want to contact me. thanks, Eric Reinertsen

PARKER RABE
06-12-2011, 03:52 PM
My family owned rabco boat for 30 years,on 1st avenue ... My dad was randy rabe , kenny was alaways down there , i have video of kenny racing in the olsen classic , at stowaway cove marina ......i have a few good shots of the red 1010 boat at my moms house in all my albums . Havent seen kenny in 20 years at least
parker rabe 727 686 0900

PARKER RABE
06-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Eric. I think you used to do business with my dad at rabco . I remember your name for some reason.

PARKER RABE
06-15-2011, 03:16 PM
just heard today thay kenny is in a nursing home , here in st pete .