PDA

View Full Version : Rest in Peace: Jeff Hutchins ..........another champion to Lake Paradise.

F-12
04-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Jeff Hutchins passed away on April 22 after a long illness. Rest in Peace, my friend. You will be missed.

Ron Hill
04-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Rest in PEACE, Jeff.

The things you remember from races aren't POINTs and who won, but friends. The whole Hutcheins family always seemed like "Family" to me...

F-12
04-23-2011, 06:20 PM
But you can't argue the fact that this family wouldn't be the one's to teach you how to 'close the door' in the first turn. Fierce compitetors, and true champions all.

Master Oil Racing Team
04-24-2011, 05:44 AM
One of the highlights of my trip to Lake Alfred a couple of years ago was seeing Jeff for the first time since 1981. He was a great guy and fierce competitor. One of the things about Jeff was that he was so laid back, you wonder what transformation took place in his cockpit. You would not expect an easy going guy like that to be at the top of competition. RIP Jeff.

Gene East
04-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Rest in Peace Jeff!

Let us all; on this very special day, take "Joy in the Ressurection".

We will all meet again at Lake Paradise.

F-12
04-26-2011, 07:23 PM
From Nicole Hutchins......
Jeff's memorial service:
Saturday April 30th at 3 PM
Michael A. Brochetti Funeral Home
404 Plaza Ave.
Lake Placid, FL 33852

Danny Pigott
05-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Jeff was my friend for many years,a great driver and the best clock starter i ever saw, i think he could see for miles. His memorial was at 3:00 april 30 2011 in Fla. I don't know if this was planned or just happend at the same time. At the MOD Winter Nationals in Tabor City NC. they held a Memorial for Jeff, Mike Kench,Steve Warnock and Nance Dewald at 3:00 sat april 30. They sent 3 boat's out on the course to make a lap in honor of these 3 drivers and Nance. This was really touching to see.

zul8tr
05-05-2011, 12:54 PM
From my 4/25 HR post

This is a real shock to me such a young man to be taken from life. I last talked with Jeff and Bill at the Ocoee race in 2009. I hadn't seen Jeff since the Grapefruit Circuit in the 1970's when I raced against him in 25ssh so I was pleased to get to meet him since then. He was there on the beach looking at the competition. I went over said who I was and we had a nice chat about boat racing. He recalled I was the fast Hal Kelly Wetback hydro guy that wound up in front of his Craig Craft at a number of Region 5 races. It took me a number of tries to do that with the help of Harry Pinner on props and stratigy. He was a tough competitor, great driver and just a nice guy to know. I learned alot just watching his transom in 25ssh and the other races he competed in. A real expert.

I will miss the him, we have lost a nice man.

My prayers and condolences to his family.

Pete Sushinsky
64F, 94F
20ssh, 25ssh