PDA

View Full Version : Bob Weikart: Continental Airlines Captain

Ron Hill
04-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Bob Weikart was from Pennslyvania. He and his brother raced Stock Outboards. Bob was an air traffic controller. In the summer the Hutchins would go north from Florida to race and escape the Florida heat.

Bob and Old Man Hutch became friends and Hutch taught Bob to fly. Bob moved to California and became a Captain for Continental Airlines. He raced B and C Runabouts. Then when the strike came Bob lost his job and I lost track of him....

Anyone know where he might be?

Dew1us
04-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Hey Ron,

Did a quick search in google and found the following.

Robert L Weikart
17632 Chestnut St
Fountain Valley, CA 92708-4514
(714) 962-1042
Associated people: Patsy L Weikart

Could that be him?

Craig

Ron Hill
04-24-2011, 07:15 PM
I swear, that sounds like his old address, and about three years ago, I stopped knocked on the door and was told he didn't live there....

But I called the number and it said on the tape, "Weikart"....I left my phone number. I'll report my findings and report back...

Lee Sutter
04-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Hey Ron,

If you contact Bob tell him hello for me! And, ask him if he will sell me the BSR he bought from me in the 70's? I would consider taking it to Wakefield for the 20-H race. All I need is a few 3 Blade props, Mercury "C" gear case housing and a runabout driver. I'm currently re-building another engine too. Do you know if blue printing and gear case shaving is allowed like the other stock classes? Just kidding....

F-12
04-26-2011, 02:21 PM
They wouldn't check you anyway, would they Lee? It's just hard to explain the extra 5 or 6 mph............